Exhaust

impne

Advanced Member
Good job it isn‘t a daily as my neighbours would go nuts starting it every morning around 6 to 7

Always put bung in it to warm it first then pull it out for full beans on the road

Everything shakes in the garage on start up lol

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I 2nd Solid Fabs 3" Cat Back.

Made a solid 245bhp on the Dyno with a nice torque curve.

Edit: And it sounds good to.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Get an RM01A, a DC system will be too loud for track.
I got black flagged with my Gruppe M at Brands.

Go to EFI Parts if you want a decent map.

BigCarlo

Chris. said:
Get an RM01A, a DC system will be too loud for track.
I got black flagged with my Gruppe M at Brands.

Go to EFI Parts if you want a decent map.
What makes you say EFI? Have you had a shit experience with Tdi?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

BigCarlo

Think I'm OK with the exhaust just looked at mine there is nothing inside the second silencer

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
BigCarlo said:
What makes you say EFI? Have you had a excrement experience with Tdi?

I won't go into details but I have had no problems with Chris at EFI.

A search and you'll see plenty of reviews of most tuners.

Rom

Advanced Member
Different car granted, but ran a 5ziegen on my EF8 crx sir. Was decent.

I've been reading lots of good things on Solid Fab. They do an off the shelf yet?
I'm way over track limits currently. Still toying with a new system, which would mean a remap. Or letting Infinity Exhausts have a crack at making me a swappable box. They reckon they can knock 10db off without restricting it much.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

impne

Advanced Member
I‘d be interested to know the db on mine as it‘s stupid loud especially on tickover when cold let alone booting it

Fez

Advanced Member
Rom said:

I've been reading lots of good things on Solid Fab. They do an off the shelf yet?
I'm way over track limits currently. Still toying with a new system, which would mean a remap. Or letting Infinity Exhausts have a crack at making me a swappable box. They reckon they can knock 10db off without restricting it much.

They do now, a friend of mine just got one delivered. £570 iirc

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Rom said:

I wouldn't even let 5Zigen near my car after all the trouble they've caused people.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
+1 for the RM-01A. Fantastic system.
I had one but swapped it for a mugen twin loop, as I found the rm01a a little bit dull and characterless in note. Although can't fault it for what felt like good throttle response in all gears and Rev range

Twin loop with a decat mani sounds good for me

Rom

Advanced Member
impne said:
I‘d be interested to know the db on mine as it‘s stupid loud especially on tickover when cold let alone booting it
Get a cheap meter off eBay. Think I paid about a tenner. Took it to Coombe, and theirs read the same as mine. So accurate enough.

Rom

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
I wouldn't even let 5Zigen near my car after all the trouble they've caused people.

Mine came with it on. Had no reason to change it, looked ok , sounded ok, went ok.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Rom said:
Mine came with it on. Had no reason to change it, looked ok , sounded ok, went ok.

At least 5 of us have had the same issue with the same exhaust, enough for me to never have one again

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Get what your saying Sam, I suppose that's enough to put you off. I was watching in shock with regards to how many people had suffered with it so closely... I personally loved the sound Adams old spoon and 5zeigen setup made, certainly didn't feel restricted either. so unless the issues led within the centre section ?

Also if the systems old and internally destroyed that's not going to help. I had an old Kaki which I had to rip apart as that had collapsed, yet I would still buy another.

Also knew an owner with a 5z on his EK9, that didn't hang about either, also a lovely system. Either its a design flaw with the ones made for the DC5, or its coincidence that all the older systems were failing, and one person posting was enough to make others check and question theirs. With the amount they would have sold over the years 5 really isn't a big number thinking about it.

Not having a dig, etc as like you if it happened to me, I would be hesitant (no pun intended) to buying something that's failed me, however I would still be curious and reserve judgment for a newer system. :)

I can recommend the Toda however, . Quiet yet noticeable, but a nice howl when pushing on.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
5 of us have had the same issue, same catback system. All have been rectified with a new system?

Forgive me for being annoyed for having to buy a new system because the other one was a load of crap. I've spoken to multiple people all of which have said the same. It's easy for you to say as you haven't had the trouble of trying to solve what the problem was. I won't recommend ShitZigen to anyone, they belong in the bin.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
5 of us have had the same issue, same catback system. All have been rectified with a new system?

Forgive me for being annoyed for having to buy a new system because the other one was a load of crap. I've spoken to multiple people all of which have said the same. It's easy for you to say as you haven't had the trouble of trying to solve what the problem was. I won't recommend excrementZigen to anyone, they belong in the bin.

Spat my coffee every where at "they belong in the bin"

Apologies I haven't read the thread but.i think one thing that perhaps is being missed is similar to Kakimoto, 5zigen also have multiple DC5 exhausts don't they? I can think of fire/miracleball (sorry can't quite remember name) and the proracer. I believe the issue was limited to the Proracer and a such probably didn't effect any of the other offerings in the 5zigen stable?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
We all had ProRacer's, which I did some research on. Toda did some dyno testing on them and they were really bad. They're sold for the R, and I doubt they'd be fitted in Japan if they weren't for an R. It's enough to put me off for life when there's much better systems like: Kakimoto, Fujitsubo, Toda etc etc