Fake k-tuned shifter box

Reggie91

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Get a Hybrid instead

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I was wondering why one is better than the other?

Was looking at hybrid racing but people have said they have issues with adjusters etc coming loose?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
I was wondering why one is better than the other?

Was looking at hybrid racing but people have said they have issues with adjusters etc coming loose?
Hybrids are miles better than K Tuned, had the K Tuned for over a year. Swapped the Hybrid before my ring trip and it's been perfect. I believe Hybrid have updated them as mine as been perfect.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
Hybrids are miles better than K Tuned, had the K Tuned for over a year. Swapped the Hybrid before my ring trip and it's been perfect. I believe Hybrid have updated them as mine as been perfect.

Good to know :)

What exactly do you prefer over the K tuned?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
The feel of it, the K Tuned just feels stiff and feels like you're hitting a wall when you shift. My Hybrid feels much better, feels more direct and slots into gear so much nicer.

It's one of those things that's personal preference. It wont make you faster but adds to the experience I suppose.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
SamDC5 said:
No, I'm on OEM cables

Interesting, I'd read the Hybrid Racing shifter was dross. I'd still prefer a K Tuned as they look better made but they're also double the price. Wasn't the hybrid problems stemming from it being made for an RSX or something?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Interesting, I'd read the Hybrid Racing shifter was dross. I'd still prefer a K Tuned as they look better made but they're also double the price. Wasn't the hybrid problems stemming from it being made for an RSX or something?
IMO the Hybrid is much better, nearly half the price as well. I'm glad I sold my K Tuned. Personal feel I suppose.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Thanks Sam, something to bear in mind for the future. Where did you buy yours from?
Not many places stock Hybrid Racing, I got mine from H Tune.

Plasmapants

E4XST (Karl) said:
Has the shifter turned up yet ?
Not yet . I have re-ordered so due any day now . I got refunded on the original as the tracking went dead . Someone obviously wanted to keep it and not deliver so that‘s a good sign I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Plasmapants said:
Not yet . I have re-ordered so due any day now . I got refunded on the original as the tracking went dead . Someone obviously wanted to keep it and not deliver so that‘s a good sign I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or your going to get 2. I've had to re-order stuff before and got both in the end. No the same money, but I ordered some shaving cream from Germany, never came, the sent another and they both came on the same day :) Not bought any for a for 18months now!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Plasmapants said:
Well if I get a free one I‘ll swap it for some shaving cream why German and not Japanese !! ??
Sensitive snowflake skin cant handle the jap torque weirdly its Italian, no idea why it came from Germany.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Plasmapants

Ok so I got the shifter in and had the pleasure of comparing the real ktuned to the copy . Visually the ktuned is polished to a better standard and also the copy is not bagged up as ktuned . .
The actual unit is identical as is the spring and bushings . . I will fit it over the next few weeks and give another update but what I will say is if you don‘t want to pay the ktuned tax then it‘s an identical unit and I wouldn‘t be surprised if ktuned were having these shipped over and giving a little extra polish and putting some engravings on . Anyway I‘ll keep you updated once fitted

T

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Ok so I got the shifter in and had the pleasure of comparing the real ktuned to the copy . Visually the ktuned is polished to a better standard and also the copy is not bagged up as ktuned . .
The actual unit is identical as is the spring and bushings . . I will fit it over the next few weeks and give another update but what I will say is if you don‘t want to pay the ktuned tax then it‘s an identical unit and I wouldn‘t be surprised if ktuned were having these shipped over and giving a little extra polish and putting some engravings on . Anyway I‘ll keep you updated once fitted

T
Very good to know, it's more than likely the case with many parts out there. looking forward to the updates when the items being used and tests, thanks in advance for the information :)

H_5hum

Advanced Member
Cheers for the update - this is good info.

I found this article from K-Tuned (apologies if already previously posted):

If you still haven't fitted it, You could do the comparisons they pointed out. Looking forward to further updates though!

Thanks

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
It's the long term test that will tell the true value of the fake, whether or not the quality of materials used in the bushings and spring material etc. and machining tolerances used to allow for bedding in are up to the job.

3 years and around 12k miles roughly on my K tuned shifter with zero issues other than a precautionary regrease after 12 months, which literally meant popping off the gaiter and dropping a bit onto the ball and working in.

Pretty much fit and forget which is how it should be.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
It's the long term test that will tell the true value of the fake, whether or not the quality of materials used in the bushings and spring material etc. and machining tolerances used to allow for bedding in are up to the job.

3 years and around 12k miles roughly on my K tuned shifter with zero issues other than a precautionary regrease after 12 months, which literally meant popping off the gaiter and dropping a bit onto the ball and working in.

Pretty much fit and forget which is how it should be.
So these fit under the gaitor so you dont see them?