Favorite wax?

DC5RS

DC5
What's peoples all time favorite wax? which one do you prefer and why?

I like the f1 formula wax, for the price it works great. easy to apply and buff whereas the bananawax from valet pro i tried recently hardly goes away

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
As much as I love my Meguiars wax, my actual favorite is Naviwax, it's just amazing stuff, buff off wet, no white residue and it can go on glass, trim and chrome and it lasts months!

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
^^^^^^^ Same as porthos easy to use just seems to last for ever, washed the car yesterday & the water just beads off, before i even washed it!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Currently using Victoria Concours wax. Couple of coats on the Teg and it beads up beautifully. Really nice wax to use aswell.

Fancy trying Swissvax next...

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Currently use megs nxt 2.0 but it just doesn't seem to apply very well.

I might have to treat myself to some naviwax :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Swissvax onyx was my fav.. Easy to apply/remove, smells awesome and nothing beats it for beading! However, it's not recommended for winter protection.

Currently using Autoglym HD which I'm very happy with so far :)

Mike_DC5

Advanced Member
Collinite 476 is probably the most durable wax out there, great stuff! I prefer sealants for durability though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
Collinite 476 is probably the most durable wax out there, great stuff! I prefer sealants for durability though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

I've bought this for my wheels but yet to try it..
I've heard good things!.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
I tend to use a sealant more so than a wax as sealants give better reflectivity and more of a wet glossy look on a white car.

Prefered choice of sealant is either - Auto Finesse Tough Coat of Wekstatt acrylic jett trigger

Perefered choice of wax is - Auto finesse illusion for the summer and Autoglym HD Wax for the winter

martinj46

Advanced Member
TypeRDan said:
Prefered choice of sealant is either - Auto Finesse Tough Coat
I've been using that for the last year. It's brilliant stuff, spray on, leave a few mins then wipe off. Absolutely no buffing. And with a few coats it seems to last months

DamienB45

Swissvax Cleaner fluid with Swissvax Concorso for my black S2000 for shine and life time.
Currently, Porrboy's Natty's paste wax for my DC5 and soon I'll test Naviwax

Ezza

Advanced Member
martinj46 said:
I've been using that for the last year. It's brilliant stuff, spray on, leave a few mins then wipe off. Absolutely no buffing. And with a few coats it seems to last months
Is this sealant really that good? At the moment im using heritage wax.

martinj46

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
It's all down to personal preference. I love it, gives a great shine, seems to protect the paint well, lasts for months and is easy to apply. Ticks all the boxes for me

Brophy

Advanced Member
Another vote for auto finesse tough coat :)
Protection lasts ages and application takes just minutes to do the full car :p

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
I have always used wax but since investing in AF tough coat i have never looked back, brilliant stuff and so quick and easy to use.