First remap k100 - anything I need to be aware of?

Fez

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
On the subject of mapping. How long does it take or is it like asking how long a piece of string is? Also how much does a mapping session cost - £500/£600?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I think it all depends on the tuner. My mate had his k20 dc2 done by romain and was done within 45minutes, but it always over fueled, romain had sent him a few maps afterwards to try and cure it.
But i went to romain with mine and he was about 2-3 hours, all 3 times i went to him but the car was never right.

p1tse

Advanced Member
I've asked several places and tuning alone from scratch is c.£300-350

K100 and kpro board with install on top

p1tse

Advanced Member
We don't really hear or should I say I've not heard of anyone on here with bad experience from paid map tuning

cjh1981

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
On the subject of mapping. How long does it take or is it like asking how long a piece of string is? Also how much does a mapping session cost - £500/£600?

Judging what people are saying its around 3-4 hours and about £700(give or take) inc k100

You tempted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
cjh1981 said:
Judging what people are saying its around 3-4 hours and about £700(give or take) inc k100

You tempted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thought so. Not at the moment no but there's a possibility I'm getting some money at the end of next year so may do some stuff to the car depending on what I get. Just doing research and things at the moment.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
We don't really hear or should I say I've not heard of anyone on here with bad experience from paid map tuning
Wingnutzz has from HQ Garage.

Mark_teg

Staff member
The reason Romain (and many other tuners) can tune these cars relatively quickly is because they already have several base maps.

For example, think of how many K20s have been mapped with the common breathing maps ie. Exhaust system, manifold, RBC and intake.
He'll have it saved to his laptop, upload it the car and tweak to suit.

FireDance

Advanced Member
It depends but they are all similar prices

K100 - £720 supplied fitted & mapped

KPro - £955 supplied fitted & mapped

Should take 2-3 hours from start to finish

I think RDT (if that is Will) that takes 6-8 hours to map Hondata

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
FireDance said:
It depends but they are all similar prices

K100 - £720 supplied fitted & mapped

KPro - £955 supplied fitted & mapped

Should take 2-3 hours from start to finish

I think RDT (if that is Will) that takes 6-8 hours to map Hondata
Expensive isn't it this whole mapping sh*t.

Darren4

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Expensive isn't it this whole mapping sh*t.
When I got my s3 mapped to stage 2 that cost £290 just to map it. It does look expensive, but it's not that bad considering it's all inclusive.

I'm sure I've seen kpro sell for 500-600 alone (at least for the ep3), once mapped the k20 engine must be lethal :)