Fitting ep3 seats in a dc5

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Hi,

Right today I attempted to fit a pair of ep3 premier seats in my dc5. With both of them being recaro I thought it would be a straight swap, apparently not!
But the holes don't line up right. ( the rail closest to the door)
So I tried swapping the rails over and them holes don't line up either. There's about 5-10mm difference.
Has any body done this before?
Do I need to drill new holes in the rails?

Thanks

Justin

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Any one?
Think I'm just going to drill 2 holes in the rails that mount to the bottom of the seat

Justin

Pasty

Banned
When lads from the ep3 groups wanna fit dc5 seats into there cars, they need the premier rails, but they do have to drill extra holes for them to fit! :)

So looking at the wway you wanna do it. I would say you will have to drill extra holes for them to go!

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Yeah that's all I could find when searching. They just use washers to space the hole off abit from the base of the car. I've got both rails. But no way there fitting with out modification.

Just getting in and out feel like I'm wrecking the bolster.
That's the only reason.

Justin

Chewy

Advanced Member
They look like they're a lot comfier than the SR4's, Obviously not as supportive.

Really suit the look of the interior though, Nice work.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
There a lot easier to get in and out of, feel more supportive on my back.
Less supportive on the sides though.
The red materiel on the seats is exactly the same as the door cards so to me look they they suit it well.only thing is a fag burn in the drivers seat from a previous owner -.- but it will have a cover over it most of the time anyway. Thanks mate

Cheers Dave. Not sure if it's been done before? I literally could not find a single thing on fitting them in a dc5!

Justin

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
I love them tbh.
I know it's a bit more of a gimmick but it's also got recliners/ leg rest

I wouldn't say I'm big at all. But these are a lot more accommodating:)

Justin

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
There a lot easier to get in and out of, feel more supportive on my back.
Less supportive on the sides though.
The red materiel on the seats is exactly the same as the door cards so to me look they they suit it well.only thing is a fag burn in the drivers seat from a previous owner -.- but it will have a cover over it most of the time anyway. Thanks mate
Cheers Dave. Not sure if it's been done before? I literally could not find a single thing on fitting them in a dc5!
Justin
Iirc I think there was a guy on the isle of Wight that fitted some in a dc2 & I think he had to do the same was to drill an extra hole for them to fit. But nice touch for doing it.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Not sure but I couldn't really find anything on it. Wasn't really that hard though, considering I've never done anything like it before.

Cheers

Justin

Tenz78

I had to do the same when I fitted Evo 6 seats, using DC2 rails, to my ek civic.

Tenz78

Jinis dust said:
They still look recaro trendlines?

Justin
They are trendlines. I was going to fit some to my dc5 as well, but never got round to it. They look good in yours.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Was going to say. Surely all trendlines are the same base??

Thanks mate, I'm using the dc5 rails so they bolt straight in
Edit, not straight in but the most easiest

Justin