FK2 calipers

SamDC5

Advanced Member
ollieh17 said:
Maybe they are causing all your issues! whip them off and get them rebuilt
You could check the temperature of the disc with an infrared thermometer after a drive? A seized caliper would be quite apparent!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ollieh17

Advanced Member
From a personal point, I quite like the feeling of the brakes. They make it easy to scrub off a little bit of speed and modulate hard stops from a high speed without locking up. You have to be careful when selecting a BBK that the piston surface area is near enough equal to OEM otherwise you will still have a spongy pedal. Which is more down to the MC than the brakes themselves.

Anyone on here ever driven a glanza? You'd shit a brick if you think teg brakes are bad lol

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
ollieh17 said:
Maybe they are causing all your issues! whip them off and get them rebuilt
+1 you might just have an underlying issue with them. Maybe they need bleeding or new pads etc. Ill be honest i spent loads of time and money on doing an oem upgrade to my last cars brakes.
Ended up going from 280mm disks to 320mm twin pot setup with various disks amd pads combos for fast road use. I then got the dc5 and thought wtf! I had no initial bite as i had on my previous setup but yet the car would stop. I think the dc5 setup is very progressive, even now when i drive my missus juke her brakes bite hard but its unsettling in a sense where as the dc5 i can ease on or slam on.

The pads i use for track though do make a.massive difference like night and day although its still not super bitey.

Maybe just give your setup a once over fresh fluid etc and see if it helps.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

SamDC5

Advanced Member
I don't think that I'll ever be fast enough for a BBK

ollieh17

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
+1 you might just have an underlying issue with them. Maybe they need bleeding or new pads etc. Ill be honest i spent loads of time and money on doing an oem upgrade to my last cars brakes.
Ended up going from 280mm disks to 320mm twin pot setup with various disks amd pads combos for fast road use. I then got the dc5 and thought wtf! I had no initial bite as i had on my previous setup but yet the car would stop. I think the dc5 setup is very progressive, even now when i drive my missus juke her brakes bite hard but its unsettling in a sense where as the dc5 i can ease on or slam on.

The pads i use for track though do make a.massive difference like night and day although its still not super bitey.

Maybe just give your setup a once over fresh fluid etc and see if it helps.

New daily city cars are very much to blame people thinking older stuff is rubbish. Overservod to give confidence but crap when actually halting at decent speed.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Yeah it's a very progressive feel I have to agree.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
It's just had a fresh brake bleed with ATE 200. It's running fast road pads front and rear (PBS). I can't do anything more than that with them. Admittedly I have had issues with the calipers and the two that are on are off another DC5 which I know is far from ideal and probably isn't helping.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
It's just had a fresh brake bleed with ATE 200. It's running fast road pads front and rear (PBS). I can't do anything more than that with them. Admittedly I have had issues with the calipers and the two that are on are off another DC5 which I know is far from ideal and probably isn't helping.
Never know what's going on inside and wether they have been rebuilt

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Ah.. maybe thats the issue? Expensive trial i suppose

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I think the dc5 setup is very progressive, even now when i drive my missus juke her brakes bite hard but its unsettling in a sense where as the dc5 i can ease on or slam on.

Glad it's not just me that thinks this with the Juke vs DC5 lol, I find the same mate, both are very good imo but the Jukes more a 70%+ or nothing whereas the DC5 can be slow and progressive braking but you have to be really on it to maximise them from experience to date

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I've never felt I needed a BBK until I went to Spa. The machinery there are either supercars or all out track builds.

So I felt i had to brake so much earlier than anything else, which was a bit annoying as you'll have to try and make up that time in the corners.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I've never felt I needed a BBK until I went to Spa. The machinery there are either supercars or all out track builds.

So I felt i had to brake so much earlier than anything else, which was a bit annoying as you'll have to try and make up that time in the corners.
How was it as I regret never doing it in my GTR as it was perfect for long big fast tracks, I maybe heading over there with my friend in his McLaren Senna later this year :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
How was it as I regret never doing it in my GTR as it was perfect for long big fast tracks, I maybe heading over there with my friend in his McLaren Senna later this year :)
Honestly the best track I've experienced. Even if you go for the atmosphere its worth it. Luckily it was 19deg and perfect conditions.

If you end up on track at the same time as Mclarens, lambos and porsches you might find it frustrating as they come flight up behind you and try to overtake on corners (which they shouldn't be), which means you'll find yourself pulling aside for them, which ruins your lines.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Honestly the best track I've experienced. Even if you go for the atmosphere its worth it. Luckily it was 19deg and perfect conditions.

If you end up on track at the same time as Mclarens, lambos and porsches you might find it frustrating as they come flight up being you and try to overtake on corners (which they shouldn't be), which means you'll find yourself pulling aside for them, which ruins your lines.
This is part the reason I wish I'd done it before as they'd not be able to do that against my GTR with the power it had, but the DC5 I want to enjoy it and get fast smooth lines and not have to move for high powered cars, my plans to hopefully get to drive the Senna instead of mine lol.

aleksboch

Advanced Member
Some good advice in this thread.

I haven't done a track day in my car, only really been using it as a weekend toy on the ad hoc occasion. I've got new pads (brembo sport) and new fluid. But, yes I might need a longer, harder driving spell in the car to have more confidence in the braking.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Some good advice in this thread.

I haven't done a track day in my car, only really been using it as a weekend toy on the ad hoc occasion. I've got new pads (brembo sport) and new fluid. But, yes I might need a longer, harder driving spell in the car to have more confidence in the braking.
Don't forget one big factor in braking is tyres and the quality of the ones you have on the car and to also be smooth and progressive as harsh braking will drop the front end, lighten up the rear and unsettle the car quite quickly and easily, even on track I hardly used my brakes in anger and try to avoid them as much as I can and focus more on engine braking to keep the speed reduction as little as possible whilst keeping the car balanced as best I can, sometimes not poss I know especially on the road :-(

Braided lines will and do make a noticeable difference when driving hard

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
This is part the reason I wish I'd done it before as they'd not be able to do that against my GTR with the power it had, but the DC5 I want to enjoy it and get fast smooth lines and not have to move for high powered cars, my plans to hopefully get to drive the Senna instead of mine lol.
You'll still enjoy it in the teg. First session was cr@p. Once you know who the idiot drivers are and all the quick cars. Just let them pass then start enjoying the track. Its such a big circuit that if they're half a lap in front of you, you'll get plenty of room to just enjoy yourself. Definitely a good track to enjoy the teg with taking a good lines etc.

But yes, I felt i need more power. Especially up Eau Rouge and the straight.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
You'll still enjoy it in the teg. First session was cr@p. Once you know who the idiot drivers are and all the quick cars. Just let them pass then start enjoying the track. Its such a big circuit that if they're half a lap in front of you, you'll get plenty of room to just enjoy yourself. Definitely a good track to enjoy the teg with taking a good lines etc.

But yes, I felt i need more power. Especially up Eau Rouge and the straight.
Thanks for the advice mate, may look to take mine also and do a mixed day in the cars we go in then :)

Off topic, are you still looking to sell up? I will be in your area tomorrow dropping the car to TGM first thing mate

Reggie91

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Thanks for the advice mate, may look to take mine also and do a mixed day in the cars we go in then :)

Off topic, are you still looking to sell up? I will be in your area tomorrow dropping the car to TGM first thing mate
Definitely do it mate. I'm already planning on going next year too.

Yep still planning to sell. Going to post it up tomorrow... So keep your eyes peeled any potential buyers!! ;)

Gimme a shout mate. I'm free in the morning

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Definitely do it mate. I'm already planning on going next year too.

Yep still planning to sell. Going to post it up tomorrow... So keep your eyes peeled any potential buyers!! ;)

Gimme a shout mate. I'm free in the morning
When you do let me know and whatsapp me any parts as I am always looking to buy (especially wheels right now). If you plan next year's let me know as if I am in the UK and avail I may book also :) yeah will do, will be leaving mine silly early 6.30-7am as want to get there for opening as need to get back to pack for my holiday