Floor mats replacement / lookalike

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
The crud weather has left my OEM mats looking a little dull!

After searching high and low I'm aware they've discontinued the original mats along with rest of the rocking-horse plop that we all desire.. :xaiweb4:

I'm now searching for lookalikes, ideally same fitment for obvious reasons and a close match in color.

So far I've managed to find a set on the bay, but the lettering 'TDI' plastered across them has put me right off.
It's unfortunate as they look like a good fit for both the front and rear.

So I'm looking for some help. If you're using aftermarket mats that look the business and fit well, would you mind dropping a photo and where from on this post please.

If not I'll be wearing carpet slippers for driving and make passengers travel barefoot. [-(

carl hammond

Advanced Member
The crud weather has left my OEM mats looking a little dull!

After searching high and low I'm aware they've discontinued the original mats along with rest of the rocking-horse plop that we all desire.. :xaiweb4:

I'm now searching for lookalikes, ideally same fitment for obvious reasons and a close match in color.

So far I've managed to find a set on the bay, but the lettering 'TDI' plastered across them has put me right off.
It's unfortunate as they look like a good fit for both the front and rear.

So I'm looking for some help. If you're using aftermarket mats that look the business and fit well, would you mind dropping a photo and where from on this post please.

If not I'll be wearing carpet slippers for driving and make passengers travel barefoot. [-(
I got some tailor made for my car in black (the red was not a good enough match for my liking) but have a look on my build thread (page 1 I believe) for pics of them, I would have to check how much they were but they are great tbh and nice and thick.

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/45151-carls-cw-2002-dc5-project-restoration-tgm-repaint-pages-567/

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply Carl.

I've probably got high hopes getting the blue to match with the interior, although black wouldn't be too much of a pain.

I'm thinking about swapping out the seats in future with black&blue so black mats would work.

I'll take a look at the link.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Just wash them?

I soak with water then add carpet cleaner and rub in with a brush, let it stand for 10 mins then jetspray it off. Come out like new every year.

Mardgee

Advanced Member
I‘ve covered mine in Gyeon Fabric Coat and they haven‘t degraded at all this winter. As above just wash them and they look new.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
gaza4 said:
got a link to where you got them from???
Sorry for the late reply, let me dig it out as brought them ages ago, will go through the receipts this weekend and let you know where they were from

Carl

ijlh

Advanced Member
I got some cheap rubber ones off eBay for the winter months, they‘re just plain black, but they do a job. They‘re tailored to the car and have lasted a few years now. Saves ruining my lovely OEM ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattz

Advanced Member
Mine looked worse for wear but after a good wash they come out like new again. I'd give that a try first before sinking money into some new ones.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
So far I've used Doctor-Rug cleaner following a good vac. Ideally I'd like to leave them in the boot this time of year and use some lookalikes.

Would really be interested in where you got yours from @Carlhammond

Linus27

Advanced Member
Lets us all know if you do get some and how they turn out. I'll be ordering some if they are half decent.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Late reply.. My bad.

Ok, so firstly I'd made a mistake on the original order and selected the budget version. They come in a variety of options from budget, standard, premium (velour) and rubber in 4mm. They also have a few options when it comes to the outer edging.

I've got to say they still look alright however I was aiming for the standard/premium ones and would definitely go for these, sake of an extra few quid.

The trim/edging has been done in black leather, I'd say it's a lookalike or leather alternative, but not shabby at all.

Little bit let down as they don't have the fixing points on the drivers side, maybe because they're the budget version. I've taken the pegs out while these are in so they sit flush.

In all they fit great and a half decent replacement to help keep the jackpot oem mats dry throughout winter.

I'll get some pics up if anyone's interested..?