Front arch clearance???

Dan34

Advanced Member
My enkei's are 7.5J ET40. So far so good since raising it, but real test will be on track again.

As we're running coilovers harder spring rates are an option I guess!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Reasonably lower offset then, your wheels must sit pretty flush with the arches. And your still catching in the middle like I am. And maybe the outside too? I know I was slightly as the top push clip was worn out, haha.

Raising it will be the only answer really I guess which is a shame.

As for stiffer spring rates, I've tried upping the dampening on my HKS coilovers and all I ended up doing was loosing traction. Knockhill is quite a bumpy track in places and just ended up with wheel hop when trying to the power down out of some corners.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Haha yeah that's fair enough, I don't want to up my dampening too much as it'll just bring in understeer.

The enkei's sit pretty flush and mostly catch on the edge, my standard wheels with the 225's catch in the middle :( haha

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Ah, I see. You need more camber then, haha. Have you pushed the arch loner clips back a bit, every little helps.

Mines are catching everywhere I think. Lol

Dan34

Advanced Member
Was running about -1.1 camber before I raised it, going to go for about -1.5 this time round I think.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Thats why you'll be catching the edge of your front arches then. The only solution for that is more camber or higher ride height,

I'm running between 2 and 3 degrees neg camber on the front that pretty much eliminates that problem.

Dan34

Advanced Member
3 degree's! That's pretty extreme haha

I know more camber will sort it but don't wanna have too much. -2 would be the max i'd ever go I think.