Front Bumper & Headlight Removal

Yauie

Topgeezer said:
As seen in the second pic i'm after the plastic trim clips holding the bumper to the slam panel, any one have a link for getting some?

The centre of the clip lifts up and relaxes the prongs underneath so you can pull it out.

Any info appreciated ;)

I found this place HERE but i'm dammed if i know which ones i need, 724 different ones LOL.

T.G.
I also found these were a perfect fit and look nearly identical to the originals

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230785208070?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Midge-1989

Advanced Member
Thank you thank you thank you

Not sure if the guy that started this thread is still active on here but just wanted to say this was a huge help and much appreciated. Cheers!

p1tse

Advanced Member
Anyone suggest the tool required to reach for the bolt on the underside of the headlight?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
A long extension bar for a rachet bit if its the bolt holding the headlight bracket that you are on about. ?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
A long extension bar for a rachet bit if its the bolt holding the headlight bracket that you are on about. ?
Yes it's the headlight bracket, at the bottom
Any links on what's required, where I can picks one up from?

Proctor

Advanced Member
As Jimmer said, a long extension piece is needed.. You would usually get one with a socket set?

You could get one from Halfords, Homebase or anywhere that sells hand tools usually

p1tse

Advanced Member
I have a long extension with my cheap halfords set, but doesn't seem long enough with the socket set I have :(

Proctor

Advanced Member
I don't know how long your extension is, but maybe try a 10mm deep socket on the end and try that.. If not a long extension would probably be needed

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yeah i had a separate 200mm extension bit. Could try plugging a few extensions together and working out a way of making it reach?

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks both

Looks like the set I have wont give me enough reach, have asked a mate if I can borrow what he has to give it ago.
Just hope it's long enough and comes off easy enough, and hopefully fixes my headlight

p1tse

Advanced Member
Managed to get a helping a hand from a mate with the right tool

All done

Main thing to point out is make a note of the bulb holder orientation so makes the metal clip easier to go back in place

Took a bit longer on the first headlamp as the bulb had different cut outs and couldn't seat it right; so best to trial fit bulb in position before fitting the holder

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
Cheers for the guide .. saved me a trip to the garage to change a HID bulb.

U need a really really long socket extension as I needed to take a trip to Halfords mid job to get a longer one 😁

Note my bumper had a pop fastener on the very edge each side that wasn't in the guide. Connected the bumper to the bottom mud guard. Ended up leaving them in place which allowed the bumper to be unclipped and lowered to the ground while still attached as the bottom mud guard is flexible.

ijlh

Advanced Member
Guide worked perfectly for me! thought it was just a bulb... £85 and one ballast later, it's all fixed!