Fuel

Neil_H

Advanced Member
The cost of a programmable ECU and then having it mapped would far outweigh any cost benefits of running on cheaper fuel.

As an aside, my (UK) S2000 had a sticker in the fuel door that said it had to be run on premium 97RON fuel, not 95 - so I would never think of running a car mapped for 100RON on 95RON.

carfiend

Advanced Member
You can run it on 95RON and the knock sensor will help the ECU adjust and you will of course loose power. It might get some pre set under high load so when using 95RON don't rag it.

Since you getting the fuel for free why not use it? Just tank up on Super for when you want a rass.

macer

Advanced Member
Gaz_Ek4 said:
logik said:
Gaz_Ek4 said:
civic17_99 said:
okie dokie thanks for your help i will probly run it on tesco super 99 ron fuel but i also have a shell points card now and have chosen to get money off vouchers so i can use that to get vpower. Lol another stupid question does anyone know how much it is to get it remapped to run on 95 ron fuel and would i lose much power if it was remapped to run on 95ron fuel? :)

Thanks for everyones help
Why map it for 95ron? Totally pointless, you may aswell buy a diesel.
That is c**p mate. Don't say a car mapped to 95 RON is pointless.... without reading up on it first.
ok, I forgot to add in that 'in my opinion' it IS totally pointless. Whats the point in buying a performance car if you cant afford the fuel needed for it to run at its optimum performance. Even if the car is mapped correctly for 95ron it is never going to have the performance of a 99Ron set up, although the difference will be minimal.

With the amount of money you spend on a new ECU and getting it mapped for 95ron you are never going to get it back through the price of fuel, as a lot of people find (including myself) that you get a few more mpg with 99Ron fuel (enough to make up the difference in the cost of it)

So, with the above in mind lets say you end up saving 2p per gallon with a nicely mapped dc5 to suit 95ron, how many miles are you going to have to do to recover the cost of setting it up in the first place? And all this with less performance.

So like I said, in my opinion, pointless.
Ok so if we take a DC5 with a standard ECU running on 95Ron and its making 210BHP, it has a 10BHP loss due to the fuel.

After a K-Pro install and tune the same car is making 241BHP on 95Ron with no Knocks, in your opinion is totally pointless :?:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
macer said:
Ok so if we take a DC5 with a standard ECU running on 95Ron and its making 210BHP, it has a 10BHP loss due to the fuel.

After a K-Pro install and tune the same car is making 241BHP on 95Ron with no Knocks, in your opinion is totally pointless :?:
wtf?! :shock:
You'll be lucky to make 210bhp on 99RON let alone 95RON as standard.

You wont make a 241bhp with just a remap

Neil_H

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
You guys are missing his point here.....he gets free 95RON petrol :!:
Well if that's the case then it probably is worth it- but he hasn't said that in any of his posts. :?

macer

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
macer said:

When I got the mods done the car was still making little or no extra power, at the time all I could get was 95 and so I got it tuned for 95, I do have read outs to prove it but please don’t ask me post them as I will have scan them in work, I’m a lazy man

I have RR read out for when it made 210, 220 & 241 all on 95Ron with different work done the 220 RR might be a bit doggy, I didnt trust the RR, I have the 241 done on two different RR and got the same result.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Neil_H said:
BadBadtz said:
You guys are missing his point here.....he gets free 95RON petrol :!:
Well if that's the case then it probably is worth it- but he hasn't said that in any of his posts. :?
Sorry mate it was LA-DC5 ITR who mentioned it

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
macer said:
BadBadtz said:
macer said:

When I got the mods done the car was still making little or no extra power, at the time all I could get was 95 and so I got it tuned for 95, I do have read outs to prove it but please don’t ask me post them as I will have scan them in work, I’m a lazy man

I have RR read out for when it made 210, 220 & 241 all on 95Ron with different work done the 220 RR might be a bit doggy, I didnt trust the RR, I have the 241 done on two different RR and got the same result.
we will find out at the rr meet macer. My cars due next week so it will be going on the rollers as is and will be full of statiol 95

Regarding the op i just posted about the free juice as people were asking why use 95 when 99 etc is available and i was making a point that circumstance can dictate what juice you run.

I should have bought a diesel lol