Funky Power exhaust manifold

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
first thing is first! Technically speaking its not illegal to copy or "steal" as long as you dont put the same brand on the product and try to sell it as that brand which it is not! So as long as Tegiwa write their name on the products and not 'Toda' or 'GM' they are not illegal! Plus they do openly admit that some of their products are copies of other top brands. Nevertheless if it wasnt for Tegiwa for example I would never had the chance to own a Toda designed manifold just because i cant afford it. The main reasons top brands JDM brands are so expensive is because of the expensive shipping from Japan and this 'JDM' hype that comes with the name.

To me whether its Toda or other top brand at the end of the day its still 4 metal pipes, why spend 2-3 times the money for something that's technically the same.

Apart from the above Tegiwa is UK based and the money doesnt have to go overseas which helps boost the economy (I live in Cyprus but im half British) and i choose to give my money to a country which is in the EU not to Japan. Times are harsh these days with the credit crunch, even the smallest things make a difference

as far as you ask me its Tegiwa or UKDM products all the way!

AND im not finished! i used to have a Buddy club manifold before i got the tegiwa! and believe me i had read those threads saying that between aftermarket manifolds you cant feel the difference in HP berween them! Well thats WRONG! Dont get me wrong buddy club has some very good products however when i swapped from the BD to the Tegiwa manifold the difference was immence. Even though i cant back this up by dyno numbers trully the tegiwa manifold felt as if the Buddy Club manifold was the OEM one! Explain that!

Also like i said before, since owning the DC5 i have changed 3 exhaust systems and the Buddy Club pro spec3 was the best not just by far but by miles! Just to show you that i do support buddy club too! Their pro spe3c exhaust is absolutely amazing

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
hmmm, im not sure technically you are correct about copying products, just ask samsung how they feel about apple at the mo.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
first thing is first! Technically speaking its not illegal to copy or "steal" as long as you dont put the same brand on the product and try to sell it as that brand which it is not! So as long as Tegiwa write their name on the products and not 'Toda' or 'GM' they are not illegal! Plus they do openly admit that some of their products are copies of other top brands. Nevertheless if it wasnt for Tegiwa for example I would never had the chance to own a Toda designed manifold just because i cant afford it. The main reasons top brands JDM brands are so expensive is because of the expensive shipping from Japan and this 'JDM' hype that comes with the name.

To me whether its Toda or other top brand at the end of the day its still 4 metal pipes, why spend 2-3 times the money for something that's technically the same.

Apart from the above Tegiwa is UK based and the money doesnt have to go overseas which helps boost the economy (I live in Cyprus but im half British) and i choose to give my money to a country which is in the EU not to Japan. Times are harsh these days with the credit crunch, even the smallest things make a difference

as far as you ask me its Tegiwa or UKDM products all the way!

AND im not finished! i used to have a Buddy club manifold before i got the tegiwa! and believe me i had read those threads saying that between aftermarket manifolds you cant feel the difference in HP berween them! Well thats WRONG! Dont get me wrong buddy club has some very good products however when i swapped from the BD to the Tegiwa manifold the difference was immence. Even though i cant back this up by dyno numbers trully the tegiwa manifold felt as if the Buddy Club manifold was the OEM one! Explain that!

Also like i said before, since owning the DC5 i have changed 3 exhaust systems and the Buddy Club pro spec3 was the best not just by far but by miles! Just to show you that i do support buddy club too! Their pro spe3c exhaust is absolutely amazing
Actually you are wrong it IS illegal to copy someone's designs IF they are patented and you do not get their permission first, the reason Tegiwa can get away with it is due to them not being patented. Apple being a case in point.

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
Actually you are wrong it IS illegal to copy someone's designs IF they are patented and you do not get their permission first, the reason Tegiwa can get away with it is due to them not being patented. Apple being a case in point.
thanks for clearing that out! i dont know much about law just what i ve read here and there

point of the matter is that i'd rather spend my money in the UK and im happy with Tegiwa, at least with the products i have bought from them

Timtegdc5

I've got to say I'm tempted by tegiwa now, if there are notieably better gains to be had. Why haven't toda, gruppe m etc patented their products?

skunk2_dc5

Advanced Member
its a very very good manifold! plus you ve got the 1 year warranty for which the company is based in your country in case anything goes wrong.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
The main reasons top brands JDM brands are so expensive is because of the expensive shipping from Japan and this 'JDM' hype that comes with the name.
Not really a good percentage is on the R&D they spend on testing the units; where other units are "close copies" who don't have to spend a fraction on the R&D. This then shows in their selling price. xthumbup

Most companies that have their own product is feedback, but its mainly from customer reviews or comments, rather than hard tested facts!

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
aren't they a copy of the TODA manifold? i nearly bought a toda manifold for my 5. Then i bought a replica one from you guys!

LOL JKZZZZZ.

geniune parts over fakes every time!

T

Tegiwa Imports

Fair play if you can afford to spend £1200 on a 'JDM' manifold...

T

Tegiwa Imports

And some choose to have a great product for a great price...