Gearbox still crunching even after synchros replaced?

Rob_94

jrscho said:
What ever happened to this issue you had? Curious to if you have it sorted now or not! Hopefully it is.
Just seen this sorry! Still not sorted as work has been mental so haven't had time to drive back to TGM - but taking it back this Friday so hopefully will have an answer then!

Tuneboy said:
Did you try the trick with the clutch lever?

This is often caused by two things:
-Worn 2nd Gear - make sure they replaced that
-Worn Clutch - replaced
-Clutch not disengaging completely - here you can try to adjust the play at the clutch pedal so that you have no free-play at all. Some friends of mine did this with great results, in the US this trick us common also with great results.
I will mention this to Tom at TGM on Friday, cheers!

Snowbeard

Mine crunched a lot less 1st to 2nd when I had my worn out engine mounts replaced...worth a look.

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
theres probably nothing wrong with your gearbox or its the way you drive it as tgm wouldnt let you have it back if it was still as bad as you say, bet you wouldnt be worrying about it if you had to foot the bill...

Rob_94

Yeah so bit of an update- Just got back from TGM where Tom test drove it and confirmed there was a crunch, but couldn't identify exactly what was causing the issue without replacing various components. He mentioned there was some play in the gear leaver housing/linkages, but he couldn't say for certain that was causing the issue without replacing them with new ones (understandable)

Because he couldn't confirm 100% it would fix the issue torque GT didn't want to pay for the work to be done under warranty.

So basically now I'm saving up for a K-tuned billet shifter in the hopes it will resolve the issue. I will also try all the tips above in this thread.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
K-Tuned Shifter is money well spent! One of the best mods you can do to a DC5. If I get another Teg it would be one of the first things I buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave7368

Advanced Member
TonksyDC5 said:
K-Tuned Shifter is money well spent! One of the best mods you can do to a DC5. If I get another Teg it would be one of the first things I buy again.

got one here waiting here for you when you get bored of that civic...

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Got what where? Going to give me one of your Tegs or you got another K-Tuned stashed away somewhere?

Rob_94

Patch_teg said:
Did he not try the clutch adjustment as a simple and quick try out ?
Mentioned it but he said he'd correctly adjusted it when he fitted the clutch last time I went

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Rob_94 said:
So basically now I'm saving up for a K-tuned billet shifter in the hopes it will resolve the issue. I will also try all the tips above in this thread.
I dont think that this will adress the issue. To be honest.

As with the clutch adjustment, i would give it a go, the idea behind this is, that the clutch does not disengage properly. Its actually one screw you need to turn

Liam

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:
I dont think that this will adress the issue. To be honest.

As with the clutch adjustment, i would give it a go, the idea behind this is, that the clutch does not disengage properly. Its actually one screw you need to turn
Agree with the above. This is more likely to sort your issue than a K Tuned shifter.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Liam said:
Agree with the above. This is more likely to sort your issue than a K Tuned shifter.
Surely if it was clutch adjustment it would be every gear not just second. K-tuned is good, I highly doubt it will sort your issue.

If it were me, I would give Area Motorsport a call and ask them to take a look. A second opinion never hurts and their prices are pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JOEBOLTON!

I had my clutch changed and put in a hybrid racing shifter and now my second crunches and falls out of gear sometimes. It was fine before I had the work done. I'll be taking it back to see what's going on I'll let you know if I sort my issue, it's similar to yours I guess?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rob_94

JBolt94 said:
I had my clutch changed and put in a hybrid racing shifter and now my second crunches and falls out of gear sometimes. It was fine before I had the work done. I'll be taking it back to see what's going on I'll let you know if I sort my issue, it's similar to yours I guess?

Yeah will be interesting to hear if/how you manage to fix yours mate!

JOEBOLTON!

Rob_94 said:
Yeah will be interesting to hear if/how you manage to fix yours mate!

Update on my problem, It was the new hybrid racing shifter that needed adjusting. If your still running stock shifter and cables then yours could be worn and stretched causing similar issue to me. But I bet you have sorted by now?