Genuine Mugen Spoiler value?

kieran-itr

Advanced Member
Just wondering how much is my Genuine Mugen Spoiler worth with the brackets? Not she how much they are going for plus they are discontinued now. It has 1 very faint tiny mark on it

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I think I sold mine for around the £500 mark if I remember correctly, it was genuine, painted nighthawk black with the blade and ends left in carbon.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

kammy11

Advanced Member
I would say about £500 as well mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indi

Advanced Member
I wouldn't take any less than £650 for mine if I was selling. They were just over £1400 imported brand new when in production. so £650 still is a bargain price considering how rare genuine ones are to come by in my opinion.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I wouldn't take any less than £650 for mine if I was selling. They were just over £1400 imported brand new when in production. so £650 still is a bargain price considering how rare genuine ones are to come by in my opinion.
I'm sorry but they were nowhere near £1400. I had a genuine one on my last DC5 and I had the original import invoice, around the £800 springs to mind.

I have the cash ready to buy one, and from a buyers perspective I would not spend anywhere near £650 on one!

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Well £1400 sounds about right. Injection have them still listed on their site for £1000 before import fees.

Mugen parts are not cheap. £650 would be a reasonable price I'd say. A carbon one went for £500 a few months back, which I thought was a bargain.

If you even get a replica wing you'd be paying 300-400 all day.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
That's probably after the Yen died I'd imagine. Mine was imported in 2004 or 2005, just before I bought it.

The 'official' Mugen price before being discontinued via Mugen UK was £1100 from memory. I might drop an email to Colin and ask.

At the end of the day, it's supply and demand, sure they're rare, but they're only going to sell for what people are prepared to pay for them.

Indi

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I'm sorry but they were nowhere near £1400. I had a genuine one on my last DC5 and I had the original import invoice, around the £800 springs to mind.

I have the cash ready to buy one, and from a buyers perspective I would not spend anywhere near £650 on one!
Must have been many moons ago? Injection had them listed for just over £1400 I think £1460 to be precise and this website has them listed for £1600 http://hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/genuine-mugen-aero-spoiler-integra-dc5

See my point?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I wonder 2 things about that link:
1) How many have they sold?
2) Do they actually have stock?

I do see your point. But my point as a buyer with cash still stands.

Indi

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
I wonder 2 things about that link:
1) How many have they sold?
2) Do they actually have stock?

I do see your point. But my point as a buyer with cash still stands.
I know what you mean as i'll be honest I would not pay brand new imported price for one but I wouldn't expect to buy one for quarter of the new price either. Just under the half price figure seems a fair bench mark for a used one in my opinion, but at the end of the day they are worth what someone is willing to pay.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
£500 is also what I would pay. Not sure what my painted Seibon CF spoiler is worth though. £650 gets me a Recaro Pole position and as a track day goer, that is more beneficial to me than a spoiler. I only really want the spoiler as it's a lot easier to see out the back of the car and I can't stand fake shit.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Well, if you actually want it for its function rather then getting the genuine items for jdm points then a quality replica should be perfect...

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Well, if you actually want it for its function rather then getting the genuine items for jdm points then a quality replica should be perfect...
It would be but I hate replica items.

He says running Rotas... lol

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
£500 is also what I would pay. Not sure what my painted Seibon CF spoiler is worth though. £650 gets me a Recaro Pole position and as a track day goer, that is more beneficial to me than a spoiler. I only really want the spoiler as it's a lot easier to see out the back of the car and I can't stand fake excrement.
How's the fit like with the seibon spoilers.... I might look to get one :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
hahah I was gonna mention the Rota's, but they're not claiming to be replica anything so you get away with that one ;) haha

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Hi mate, I didn't fit it but no complaints from how it looks to my untrained eye.
Ohhh u looking to sell your one or isit sold ??? N how did you paint it ...