Gran Turismo 6 Thread

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Always been a big fan of GT, but they had better sort out the damn engine sounds, it's like driving with a damn Dyson Hoover for an exhaust...

I'll still buy it though, lol.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Always been a big fan of GT, but they had better sort out the damn engine sounds, it's like driving with a damn Dyson Hoover for an exhaust...

I'll still buy it though, lol.
You are right, the sounds when you select and start up the car are ok but on track they are silly, although not a bad as the sounds if you crash or make contact which are like someone closing an office desk draw!

Did anyone fork out for the HSV-010 optional car in the PSN store .................... My God its fast.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
What's the HSV? Haven't logged in to GT for months now.

As Porthos said, I will be getting it regardless! But I do hope they make it more like Forza. Never thought I would say it, but although GT may look better, Forza is the better game for petrolheads.

With GT6 they have the opportunity to really nail it. I just hope they do.

PS: Anyone seen the 'Track GPS' feature? Real world cars on Real world tracks with telemetry and comparisons and all sorts. Sounds cool, but pointless (Typical Polyphony Digital!). I'm hoping you can make your own tracks using GPS data... Now that would be something!

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Let's hope they do the UK tracks in this release

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
coyote_dc5 said:
Let's hope they do the UK tracks in this release

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
Silverstone is in.

I'm of the same opinion (as I think anyone who plays racing games) that the sound is one of the fundamental parts of the game. I was really hoping they would actually record some sounds but they took the easy option again it seems. Have had all the GT games,won't be buying this.

I'm waiting until nex gen before buying another console aswell, I only use them for racing games,until then I'll just keep gaming on the PC.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Anyone got to level 30 in A spec? Try doing the special events with Vettel. Now that's fast!

I'm the same, pay hundreds for a console for one game. Did it for GT5 and Forza.

Have to agree that Forza is the better game overall. The tuning is much more thought out, more detailed with being able to uprate things like valves for instance. The power gains are often unrealistic though. With gt5 you can add all that extra power but no brake upgrades????

And my biggest criticism of both games is how easy they are to win. I have everything set to hard with no driving aids but I find I have to deliberately use underpowered cars to keep it competitive. Also they give away too much money. I always prefer the very start of the game when you have to earn small amounts for incremental mods. Once you win a car from the first series it's too easy after that. Racing should be about working your way up through a series, not turning up at an event and winning everything.

Forza has much more variety for events too. Best things about gt5 are the wider selection of cars and I think the driving physics are just slightly better. I look forward to a new sim though. Surprising it's not a Ps4 title though?

Ek9.

The reason it's on the ps3 is to commemorate 15 years of Gt
I also agree with the AI/difficulty in relation to Forza.
I have the difficulty set to the max yet i can destroy cars that should be faster. It takes away from the game when the challenge isn't there. It's mainly under braking where the ai struggles.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
ItWasntMe said:
What's the HSV? Haven't logged in to GT for months now.

As Porthos said, I will be getting it regardless! But I do hope they make it more like Forza. Never thought I would say it, but although GT may look better, Forza is the better game for petrolheads.

With GT6 they have the opportunity to really nail it. I just hope they do.

PS: Anyone seen the 'Track GPS' feature? Real world cars on Real world tracks with telemetry and comparisons and all sorts. Sounds cool, but pointless (Typical Polyphony Digital!). I'm hoping you can make your own tracks using GPS data... Now that would be something!
The Honda HSV-010 was the their response to rule changes in the Super GT series which left the NSX obsolete as the new cars needed to have engines mounted at the front. Not bad for a rush job!

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
In addition how many of you play with a wheel? I got one recently and it does make a difference, its just taking ages to get used to :xgrin:

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
Been a massive fan for the gran turismo series your years cannot wait for this, but i agree i hope there is more uk bassed tracks in this

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
What a waste, if they made this for the PS4 they could have made the graphics a shit load better, had 10x more cars, 10x more tracks etc. etc. etc. and all the new fan boys who buy a ps4 will be able to play it. PS4 is out in a few months isn't it? So this is gonna be quickest game to be outdated since dot.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah does seem strange. GT5 15yr anniversary edition with some extra for £10 would have been better and leave GT6 for epic PS4 launch day. I'm sure they'll entice us to buy the next gen PS with something eitherway!

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo 6 Standard/Premium Cars, DLC, PlayStation 4, & More
Gran Turismo 6 May 17th, 2013 by Jordan @gtplanet.net/

At the “15 Years of Gran Turismo” event which saw the announcement of Gran Turismo 6, GTPlanet joined a small group of other U.S. journalists to be among the first to ask Kazunori Yamauchi questions about Polyphony Digital‘s new game.

We covered how GT6 will deal with the “Standard”/”Premium” car issue, the future of the Gran Turismo series on PlayStation 4, and a lot more.

Not all of the questions are my own, but what follows is a complete transcript of the interview session.

Can you explain the game‘s new lighting engine in more detail?

It basically means the energy expressed in each one of the pixels is going to be represented more accurately. When the focus on the camera is on a certain item, the blurring and brightness of the area around it and how lights affect the environment will be rendered with more accuracy.

Is there going to be more car customization options? Are you going to be able to swap the engine or put decals on the car?

Both are technically possible, and we might be preparing it (laughs).

Will there be “Standard Cars” in GT6?

We won‘t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won‘t make all of the GT5′s Standard cars fully “Premiumized”.

Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn‘t be used in Photo Mode. That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it.

In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models we‘ve updated so they look better.

Will all of the cars have interior views?

No.

(Editor‘s note: This apparently does not apply to all of the cars which were listed as “Standard” in GT5. For example, two cars which were prominently featured in the GT6 trailer and its first official batch of screenshots, the Lamborghini Countach LP400 and Alpine A110 1600S, both appeared as Standard cars in GT5 but have apparently been converted to “full” Premium models – with interiors – in GT6.)

While improving the physics model, how do you keep the game accessible to a wide range of players?

I‘ve mentioned some of this before but we are improving a lot of the driver assist functions for GT6.

The other thing is that it‘s sort of wrong to assume that making it more real will make it more difficult to drive. Everyone here, I am sure you all drive; it‘s not that difficult – but people who can drive cars straight suddenly can‘t drive in a video game! That‘s because the reality isn‘t really all there.

Now that we know GT6 is a PlayStation 3 game, can you explain to fans why that is? Do you have any plans for PS4?

We do have plans for PS4, but, of course, we have an order of things.

First we‘ll be releasing the PS3 version for the PS3, which has a huge audience already, and we‘ll be providing updates every month and DLCs every month.

Once players have played it all out and enjoyed themselves on the PS3, then the PS4 version might come out naturally around that time (laughs). Focus on enjoying the PS3 version.

What‘s the reason for the dramatically shorter development time frame for GT6, compared to GT5?

GT5 was really hard to develop, because the PS3 is a really complex piece of hardware, and it was the first time we built anything with an extensive online component.

What was the most complicated thing about developing the first game, and what was the most complicated thing about developing GT6?

It‘s hard to look back to GT1 now!

I think the hardest part of GT1 was to make something out of nothing, and to shape it and figure out exactly what a Gran Turismo game was going to be.

The main difference between GT1 and GT6 is the scale of the game, it‘s about 100 times bigger in scale. Initially we had 15 people working on the game and now we have 150 working on the game. But i think the one thing that hasn‘t changed is that everyone working on it really enjoys the hard work.

Are there other plans to bring the game‘s GPS functionality to more real-world cars?

I can‘t really talk about it today, but aside from just GPS, we have a lot of different things planned with different manufacturers. I can say you will see a lot of interesting things come up in the months ahead.

What‘s the hardest element to re-create in the game: tire dynamics, suspension behavior, or aerodynamics?

That‘s actually the three things that are really mystical about creating the physics in a car racing game. Actually the damper characteristics are one of the most difficult to re-create.

What is it like working with different manufacturers to get their cars in the game?

It‘s been twenty years since we started developing the first GT, and it‘s been 15 since the release of the first game.

We have a 20 year relationship with car manufacturers all over the world, and I think a lot of people who were involved with the first game in the series are still working at those companies today. Our relationships have become closer and closer, and that has given us a lot more access to the information and access to the automotive world.
So standard cars are back with no interior shots. And if it does make it to PS4,it will only be a port which defeats the point really.

Its the same problem PC gaming has. The main stream console titles that make it to PC suffer because it was developed on a weaker platform and then given so AA and DX11 options.

With the PS4,at least its somewhat powerful (low to mid range gaming PC for comparison) except the RAM which is a bit ahead of PC users but we'll catch up in a year and pull strides ahead again. The steambox idea is the way forward. If they want to keep the "console" idea then make it hardware up-gradable.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
We do have plans for PS4, but, of course, we have an order of things.

First we‘ll be releasing the PS3 version for the PS3, which has a huge audience already, and we‘ll be providing updates every month and DLCs every month.

Once players have played it all out and enjoyed themselves on the PS3, then the PS4 version might come out naturally around that time (laughs). Focus on enjoying the PS3 version.
Which basically translates to

We're gonna release it for the PS3 first for the lulz and to get loads of money, then release pretty much the same thing for the PS4, as it's not backwards compatible... and you'll all pay again!! lulululululz

scottj15

Advanced Member
I'm quite glad their releasing it for both systems and not just the PS4. I always feel slightly conned when game console manufacturers completely cut the cord on older systems forcing everyone to go out and get the new one.

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
scottj15 said:
I'm quite glad their releasing it for both systems and not just the PS4. I always feel slightly conned when game console manufacturers completely cut the cord on older systems forcing everyone to go out and get the new one.
It does screw over PS4 buyers though. The games will never be to the full potential of the PS4 if its created on a PS3. They should have released it onto the PS4 only,that way it would be designed and built using all the power available from the get go.

Now I'm looking forward to Forza news to see what they're bringing and keeping an eye on Project C.A.R.S on PC

Some screen of what a PS4 could get close to and what a high end PC can do on project cars
It will be awesome

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
scottj15 said:
Y'know what, I never thought of that point, I'll go eat my humble pie now. Well played sir ;)