Gran Turismo 6 Thread

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
More F1 tracks, better engine noise and I don't want the game to end up being very basic and you have to spend £££'s on GT6 via the PSN shop to get the decent cars and circuits we really want...

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Fubar Andy said:
More F1 tracks, better engine noise and I don't want the game to end up being very basic and you have to spend £££'s on GT6 via the PSN shop to get the decent cars and circuits we really want...
Which is the way Forza play it. For the game when it was released plus all the packs it's circa £100!

Sooner fill up the tank and go do it for real :)

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Not to mention the new Grid game will be out soon hopefully which is also good and more about racing teams.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
PS4 will be backwards compatible. And in terms of what the PS4 will be capable of over PS3, we're looking at the smallest incremental advance of any generation of console currently. It's more about how the consoles interact with social networking, and 'always on' games. Rather than better graphics and more maps, doubtless this will be possible, but all I'm saying is, when PS3 and PS4 games stand side by side (like GT6) you;re not going to notice a huge difference. Maybe we will, but from what I'm reading on PS4 and Xbox 720 development, this seems to be the case.

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
ItWasntMe said:
PS4 will be backwards compatible. And in terms of what the PS4 will be capable of over PS3, we're looking at the smallest incremental advance of any generation of console currently. It's more about how the consoles interact with social networking, and 'always on' games. Rather than better graphics and more maps, doubtless this will be possible, but all I'm saying is, when PS3 and PS4 games stand side by side (like GT6) you;re not going to notice a huge difference. Maybe we will, but from what I'm reading on PS4 and Xbox 720 development, this seems to be the case.
Not at all,the PS4 is much more powerful than the current PS3

The PS3 only had 256MB XDR of ram available,the PS4 has 8GB DDR5 . 256mb is basically a quarter of 1GB

The GPU will be comparable to something like a 7850 which is a mid to low range GPU but is still miles ahead of the old PS3 GPU.

Also the CPU will be a midrange 8 core AMD x86 chip,again much more powerful.

All in all,its really a low to mid range pc with top range ram.

Have a look at PC only games running on a 6870/7850 and you'll get an idea of what can be done.

The main reason you won't see any main difference between a game sharing both platforms is because the game was built on the PS3,then basically moved the game onto the PS4 and added some small features and put a new price on it.

The real showing will come in about a year when games that have been built on the PS4 and given a long development time will start to surface with good graphics.

For example in 2007 Crysis was released (the same year as COD4) it was built for only PC and the game looked like this

While COD looked like this

Not only that,the COD maps are tiny, Crysis maps were much much bigger.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
I was under the impression that there was no backward compatibility and that the older games would be made available on the PS4 later down the line via PSN.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
ItWasntMe said:
PS4 will be backwards compatible. And in terms of what the PS4 will be capable of over PS3
^^^ This...

Marshall-P said:
I was under the impression that there was no backward compatibility and that the older games would be made available on the PS4 later down the line via PSN.
You're correct, from what I've heard/read online anyway, obviously I don't work for PS so I can't be 100%.

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
Marshall-P said:
Going by their press conference older titles will be available through Cloud gaming.

It doesn't stop them from selling a new game on both platforms though,they just change it to suit the new architecture and release the same game on PS4

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I remember watching a gadget show a while back about something I think they called super definition. It was supposed to make a picture something like 4 times better in quality and sharpness. Not really heard much since but to be honest I had assumed that the new generation consoles would support this. The 360 and ps3 more or less showcased HD as they were the only things you could really experience HD in for quite some time.

If they don't jump on board with something groundbreaking I agree with the comment made above that "comparatively" it's the smallest technological advancement from one console to the next. Yes new systems may be more powerful but it ts just bigger and better on what's been around for some time. Nothing truly spectacular like the HD movement.

dan_ep82

Advanced Member
Consoles will always be behind the technology due to price constraints. Nobody is going to fork out 2k+ for a console even if it does support 4k resolution.

My new PC build is being ran on a 27" 2560x1440 monitor(1440p) which is sweet looking to be fair but the monitor alone cost me more than a PS3. PS3 and Xbox 360 run at 1280x720 (720p HD) which is behind the industry standard 1920x1080p (1080p HD)

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
DC5RS said:
time to buy a ps3 i guess :(
They are pretty reasonable now mate and the Blu ray player is excellent. Not to mention its a lot smaller so doesn't take up your whole lounge LOL!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Apparently they are working on new engine sounds, but they not sure if it will make it into GT6, shame, but at least they are working on a new engine for it.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Marshall-P said:
September 2013, 2014 or 2015? :D

Sorry I can't help but snigger after their list of release dates for GT5. I understand GT5 had to be made from scratch last time where as essentially this is just GT5 plus a bit more this time. Still. There's always a chance they may delay it! Hopefully not though, any PS console needs at least two GT releases!

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
http://cars.aol.co.uk/2013/06/16/gran-turismo-6-trailer-has-car-fans-salivating/ September release, Hells' Yeah!!!!

September 2013, 2014 or 2015? :D

Sorry I can't help but snigger after their list of release dates for GT5. I understand GT5 had to be made from scratch last time where as essentially this is just GT5 plus a bit more this time. Still. There's always a chance they may delay it! Hopefully not though, any PS console needs at least two GT releases!

Ha ha you're right they did take the mick with the release date of GT5 I reckon the only other game to be delayed more was duke nukem..... What a let down that was :lol:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Dev times will be significantly shorter for PS4, it's so much easier to code for apparently.

Although Kaz has OCD, so who knows, lol.