Greenlight

Modmedia

Advanced Member
Give these guys a go...

I'm 22 with 3 Years NCB and they are covering me Fully Comp (in NORTHERN IRELAND) for £770, with a £400 excess!

Amazing Price IMO.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
been insured with them for over 7 years, always a superb renewal price compared with others i quote with each year.

insured 2 CTRs, a 350Z, connect van and hopefully soon a DC5

Nickyyy

Advanced Member
Just insured my DC5 for 930£ fully comp with greenlight, that's with my non fault accident. Will kick in on my 21st birthday :)

anton1234

Advanced Member
worth a try guys, best I could get was 900 with other insurers,phoned greenlight today and all in was £541 fully comp, Well chuffed!! 25yr old, 8 yrs protected ncb with 3 points :)

JezW

Advanced Member
Guys,

Were you insured on a DC5 or similar insurance group cars prior to these quotes from greenlight?

Most insurance companies I phone don't want to know or give me silly prices since I'm currently driving a 1.9TDI Golf lol.

24 with 6 NCB, clean licence. Best I've had is £960 from elephant.

anton1234

Advanced Member
JezW said:
Guys,Were you insured on a DC5 or similar insurance group cars prior to these quotes from greenlight?Most insurance companies I phone don't want to know or give me silly prices since I'm currently driving a 1.9TDI Golf lol.24 with 6 NCB, clean licence. Best I've had is £960 from elephant.
Hi, well had a Clio 172 cup and civic type r before, so had experience with performance cars, but when I insured last year at the age of 24 i paid 960 with admiral, don't think the 3 points helped, 25 seems to be the key age when the cost starts to come down, I don't think that quote is to bad for too insure the teg! Anton

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
JezW said:
Guys, Were you insured on a DC5 or similar insurance group cars prior to these quotes from greenlight? Most insurance companies I phone don't want to know or give me silly prices since I'm currently driving a 1.9TDI Golf lol. 24 with 6 NCB, clean licence. Best I've had is £960 from elephant.
remember elephant dont 'understand' mods or if they do they'll charge you the earth for them. always something to bare in mind.

greenlight dont charge for cosmetic mods and minimal power mods. very very handy to know when you want to tweak it a bit.

when i checked they said my insurance would be about £50 more than my CTR. (which is around £500) my brief history with greenlight has been, CTR, 350Z, CTR so yes.. definitely been insured on similiar insurance group cars :)

JezW

Advanced Member
Thanks guys,

I phoned elephant again today to double check the quote. It was slightly more than I thought because they were telling me the difference I would need to pay if I swapped cars after 1month.

Basically for a full 12 months it would be £974. I'm looking at a car that has braided brake lines and it would be £38 extra. Not terrible but a few of those would hurt.

How about you Modmedia?

martinj46

Advanced Member
I've just jumped from admiral to greenlight. It's incredibly reassuring to talk to an insurance company that knows what things like coilovers are, and don't charge you extra for them. The boy I spoke to was great, he said the only mods that will increase my premium would be supercharger/turbo. He even encouraged me to get it kpro'd lol

They matched admirals price, but with extra mileage and protected no claims. I'm 22 with 4 years no claims, live in a decent postcode, 12,000 miles. Coilovers, induction kit and exhaust, total was £950

Brophy

Advanced Member
martinj46 said:
I've just jumped from admiral to greenlight. It's incredibly reassuring to talk to an insurance company that knows what things like coilovers are, and don't charge you extra for them. The boy I spoke to was great, he said the only mods that will increase my premium would be supercharger/turbo. He even encouraged me to get it kpro'd lol
They matched admirals price, but with extra mileage and protected no claims. I'm 22 with 4 years no claims, live in a decent postcode, 12,000 miles. Coilovers, induction kit and exhaust, total was £950
That sounds pretty good mate, think I shall be phoning for a quote off them.

I'm more of less same as you currently with admiral and 22, currently paying £2200 with admiral lol :(

G Man

Advanced Member
Brophy said:
That sounds pretty good mate, think I shall be phoning for a quote off them.

I'm more of less same as you currently with admiral and 22, currently paying £2200 with admiral lol :(
£2200? You're off your head lol. I wouldn't pay that much in insurance for any kind of car.