Group Buy – HKS lowered seat rail - £130

Chewy

Advanced Member
If we're all looking for something lower then the Brides, It has been suggested in another post by Dotty that the HKS, Vanner and Feels seat rails are some of the lowest;

Users review of the HKS (with pictures);

http://www.reelmotion.co.uk/reelmotion-dc5-blog/2011/5/22/may-2011-spoon-socks-lowered-seat-rails-and-first-trackday.html

Might be worth getting a price/seeing if there is a possibility of a group buy on these?

http://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-kansai-low-position-stock-oem-seat-rail-lancer-evolution-integra-civic-accord.html

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
OP, could you ask Matt about a group buy on any of the above 3 mentioned rails?

as i think we are in universal agreement that the bride drop seems pointless in comparison to the others

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Happy to ask, but the issue is we don't actually know the drop a Bride rail will give, or the HKS until someone who has it fitted measures it for us.

T

Chewy

Advanced Member
tristanpalmer said:
Happy to ask, but the issue is we don't actually know the drop a Bride rail will give, or the HKS until someone who has it fitted measures it for us.
'I have no idea how it can make such a difference but the feedback it gives when sat 2inch's lower to the ground is much better.'

This is quoted here;
http://www.reelmotion.co.uk/reelmotion-dc5-blog/2011/5/22/may-2011-spoon-socks-lowered-seat-rails-and-first-trackday.html

Not sure If It's just a reference or an actual measurement, but by the looks of the picture of the recaros, It's almost seems like the drop is the same size at the Harness holes, If that makes sense.

But I concur, We could do with this confirming by someone before committing to anything.

Hopefully Rom can chime in and confirm the drop on the Bride rails?

jazmo

I've got the HKS lowered seat rail, by far one of my favourite modifications!!

I can measure the difference if needed?

Chewy

Advanced Member
jazmo said:
I've got the HKS lowered seat rail, by far one of my favourite modifications!!

I can measure the difference if needed?
That would be a real help If you could.

Thanks Jazmo.

jazmo

I'm useless mechanically and I fitted it myself in about 40 minutes.....

Just unbolt from car (4 bolts), remove old rail, bolt new rail and then re install.

Just got to rememder to disconnect the connector below the seat before you rip the seat out!

ND1989

jazmo said:
I'm useless mechanically and I fitted it myself in about 40 minutes.....

Just unbolt from car (4 bolts), remove old rail, bolt new rail and then re install.

Just got to rememder to disconnect the connector below the seat before you rip the seat out!
Awesome, same situation as in my civic. I just wanted to make sure nothing else needed drilled or messed with. I converted the price earlier in the week, works out at around £120 before shipping.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
Ok... If we can get 6 of us (Which I think we can)... It'll be £130 each for the HKS rails (That's per side obviously).

Please confirm if you're in! (Edit: And what side for!)

T

1. tristanpalmer (drivers)

Chewy

Advanced Member
Decent price, thanks for arranging!

I'm in for a drivers side, obviously haha.

1. tristanpalmer
2. Chewy

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Chewy said:

1. tristanpalmer
2. Chewy
3. Crazylegs

1. tristanpalmer
2. Chewy
3. Crazylegs

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
1. tristanpalmer (drivers)
2. Chewy (drivers)
3. Crazylegs (drivers)
4. Lukeyboi89 (drivers)

fixed for you noobs :)