Had my car on the rollers today...

Marpol

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
No idea what it all means! :lol:

But here is mine from the weekend out of interest 8)
Im with you on that one, not really got a clue myself :D

So your only mod is exhaust?
Mine is just K&N filter with the hondata airbox mod

There is quite a difference :?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Marpol said:
So your only mod is exhaust?
Mine is just K&N filter with the hondata airbox mod

There is quite a difference :?
Just the exhaust mate, there is a big difference, but only because we use different dynos, I would bet on the same Dyno our cars would be only about 5bhp either side instead of 20+

Previously I was 197 in cold conditions, now 198.6 in warm conditions, all I had done was valve clearances! 8)

No two different dynos will give the same result.

The two side by side at the same dyno:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
coyote_dc5 said:
Yours is quite low ian because your intake temp was 26 which is high.
Yes mate, I was pleased with the 198.6 in the warmer conditions because the 197 was in much cooler conditions.

I rekon I have made 5-6bhp with getting the valve clearances done and running shell v-power.

I predicted the increases here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33807

Marpol

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
coyote_dc5 said:
Yours is quite low ian because your intake temp was 26 which is high.
Yes mate, I was pleased with the 198.6 in the warmer conditions because the 197 was in much cooler conditions.

I rekon I have made 5-6bhp with getting the valve clearances done and running shell v-power.

I predicted the increases here:

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33807
Sounds good, that reminds me mine is currently at 23,500 miles so due its first valve clearance check soon!

Like you say both cars on the same dyno on the same day the results would probably be different

Marpol

Advanced Member
Stuart_M said:
Out of interest what was the average CTR making, in std and modified form
From what I can remember a standard FN2 with K&N panel filter made 208bhp
Another FN2 with HKS filter & cat back exhaust made 215bhp
An EP3 with AEM short ram filter, de-cat and cat back exhaust made 215bhp

These were all without any kpro/flashpro from what i remember

rodney

Advanced Member
An average ep3 will make 190 so with an exhaust and cai the dyno gives the ep3 25 bhp :) :) lulz.

I'm banning myself from this thread!

I'll end by saying I'll take anyone out who thinks that they have 225 + with exhaust and cai and see if my 235/237 only feels like 10 bhp more!

Marpol

Advanced Member
To be honest I only started this thread as its the first time the car had been on the rollers, just joining in the fun at a rolling road day and I was only sharing the figures I got, not bragging or trying to justify the power it made.

From peoples responses the figure I got is high compared to what a standard DC5 realistically produces and I accept that, thats what the forums all about sharing knowledge as i honestly dont know that much about rolling roads or expected figures.

End of the day as long as it drives well (which it does) im happy :D

Stuart_M

Marpol said:
Stuart_M said:
Out of interest what was the average CTR making, in std and modified form
From what I can remember a standard FN2 with K&N panel filter made 208bhp
Another FN2 with HKS filter & cat back exhaust made 215bhp
An EP3 with AEM short ram filter, de-cat and cat back exhaust made 215bhp

These were all without any kpro/flashpro from what i remember
Interesting figures, reason I asked was to see what the like for like difference was between K20/A on the same day and dyno (dont think anyone could argue with that!) so power outputs are irrelevant whether there right or wrong.The FN2s seem quite healthy tho and not 'that' far away BHP wise from your DC5 with pretty basic mods which I wouldnt have expected. Maybe there not so tame after all :)

Sure no one taken your thread out of context mate,they always have similar talking points,tdi's alleged optimistic rolling road has already been done a few times so its no real surprise,rr days are a bit of fun really like you say,they probably just get a bit more serious for the guys who have spent good money on the heavy mods which is understandable

eXceed

Resident Driver
civic17_99 said:
Here's my graph, although i cant remember what the temperature was like on the day.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/skynet17_99/63120__n.jpg[/ img][/quote]
From your graph it looks like it was 7oC on the day :).

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Marpol said:
To be honest I only started this thread as its the first time the car had been on the rollers, just joining in the fun at a rolling road day and I was only sharing the figures I got, not bragging or trying to justify the power it made.

From peoples responses the figure I got is high compared to what a standard DC5 realistically produces and I accept that, thats what the forums all about sharing knowledge as i honestly dont know that much about rolling roads or expected figures.

End of the day as long as it drives well (which it does) im happy :D
Good lad 8)

This thread is pretty much what happened to me with my first time on the rollers, except apparently my BHP was too low for some people :lol:

It's a learning experience, but like you say, I have learned lots from people on here, normally the people with the more positive comments are the most knowledgeable.

rodney

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
..normally the people with the more positive comments are the most knowledgeable.
Mate, I confess I don't know pish however I know someone isn't getting the figures mentioned in this thread from an exhaust and CAI 8) 239.6 from an exhaust and CAI is laughable IMO.

:arrow:

rascal69

Advanced Member
No one is ever going to win this argument.
Everyone has their own thoughts.
I argree each car will be different and not every k20 will put out the same power.
As speaking to a Honda tuner in Scotland - Henry. He says it also depends how they are run in etc.
Explain this one. My brothers lightweight Jdm ep3. Made 228bhp at the fly.
Mods are stage 1 clutch, lightened flywheel. Spoon 5.1 fd. Spoon drop in filter when it got dyno'd.
It was a rolling road day so there was a few other honda's on that day. Uk Ctr with spoon mani, spoon b pipe, custom backbox, k&n typhoon intake. Made 212 bhp.
Another with full exhaust, dc sports mani, group m, k100.
211bho. Waant mapped but the car it cane from had similar mods.

Rob R

Advanced Member
I only look at a dyno as a tuning tool to see the difference each modification makes to the engine.

My car only made 203bhp when RR'd but I didn't get too hung up over it as it goes like a train on the road which is all that matter to me.