Have I got a bulb out?

integraleo

Advanced Member
While we're on the subject of bulbs what about the red one by 12 socket? I'm sure my last teg had this working but not this one. Are there any pictures of how to get to and where this is?

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Well....with thanks to this thread, both my hazard light and rear window arnt illuminated. Got my Next job sorted ;)
Group buy on bulbs lol?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Lol, I can get them from my place of work for nothing ;) just didnt realise they were out untill looking at others.

JezW

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Lol that page doesn't actually tell you anything, it just says remove the unit from the dash and don't damage it, I could have told myself that!
Sometimes you've got to read between the lines in that manual, it's showing you where the clips are to lever it out ;)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Well thank you very much Scott, I had lots of fun with this yesterday... NOT! Left me really deflated LOL!

The panel is quite tricky to get out without damaging the edges despite using plastic removal tools, in the end I removed the stereo and pushed the clips from behind, then it came out easy and unscathed. I removed all 5 bulbs thinking I'll just change them all or sods law will happen, so did my usual and popped down to Maplin with them and got some BT43 12V wired bulbs at £1.49 each to replace the T3 bulbs but couldn't find anything large enough to replace the T4's.

Then I changed the bulbs in the holders for the T3's and put the T4's back in, somehow the T4's ended up blown, and 2 of the 3 T3's are really bright and one normal. I ended up with just as many blown bulbs as I started with and odd looking lights in the rest!

So it seems the control panel or bulbs are quite sensitive, and I've ended up ordering OEM from the stealers which I'm picking up and fitting tomorrow evening. If you're going to do this I would recommend just going OEM to save the hassle.

What a PITA! :xaiweb5:

scottj15

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Well thank you very much Scott, I had lots of fun with this yesterday... NOT! Left me really deflated LOL!
:lol: Sorry mate, I somewhat feel your pain if it's any consolation - although not as much as you it must be said!

I took mine apart Saturday and ended up taking the whole stereo out and pushing from behind as you did. I couldn't even get the bulb out the holder so ended up ordering 5 brand new ones to replace them all. Getting on towards £50 after VAT and shipping :xaiweb6:

What's more, they're yet to arrive and I don't want to go through the whole 'removing dash process' again so I'm currently driving around with the climate controls hanging out!

All you people with just a Hazard light to change, think your selves lucky! :p

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Makes me want to put my deffi gauges back in. Shame they are blue and not Red back lit. Looks great though, need to do this ;)

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I've never understood why these Mugen gauges light up green, should be red really to tie it all in with the speedo cluster, still looks cool though!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
It's not the bulbs that produce the colours, it's the coloured lenses in the lettering, I tried this before with my defi din gauges, Mugen are just rebranded defi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxvr6

Advanced Member
The defi din gauges came apart no problem but it was obvious quite quickly that changing the bulbs wasn't going to help, im pretty sure the Mugen's will be the same.

Might still be worth having a quick look inside Jimmer?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Well yeah thats what im thinking. They arn't in the car as yet, I had them uninstalled by Torque gt, but I kept the dash pod housing, gauges, and they left the wiring installed. Only trouble is they ripped the plugs out as aposed to unplugging them. I'm now in the process of re installing them. Just need to work out which cables go where in the plug if that makes sense. But i remember from test drive they work they were just blue. I tried undoing those two nut looking things on the rear but to no avail. I was going to post a thread asking for help about it at the weekend actually. Haha

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Yeah post some pics up, I can almost guarantee they are the same as the Mugen ones daisy chained together, does it have a controller too? Post some pics up when you can.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Will do. Ive never seen the mugen ones from.behind, but theres no daisey chains going on with these. Lol ill create a new thread in a couple of days so not to clogg this up. ;)

Justintian

Advanced Member
What's the colour of these replacement bulbs for the honda dash light? Are they all red or white? Thanks.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
White mate, just make sure you get oem honda ones, anything else is more trouble than its worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk