Hay Love HONDA

markdc5

Hay guys/girls

I am so happy and overjoyed to own this magnificent car, I have owned a Honda Crx vtec for 13 years now and have fully customised the engine to run a Turbo and Nitrouse pushing 400bhp but as you can imagine it's a dog to drive normally on the great roads of Britain, so I have my track car. Need a family car now which brought me to buying the Dc5 and wow it has everything me my partner and my daughter just love it.

A couple of things I'd like to ask is

Squeaky front pads, can you recommend any that don't seem to squeak for you?

My speedometer seems to jump up and down now and again why?

Thanks and hope to meet some of you in the future

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Welcome mate glad your enjoying the TEG.

This is also my first, with my previous car being a Mk2 CRX.

vtecpang

Advanced Member
Welcome!
I had my ee8 for 17yrs. You still have yours and thats great
Where you from?

My pads squeak from time to time but gonna change them soon to Ferodo DS. Think its common from what I have read
Can't answer the speedo as I'm still learning too. Maybe VSS?

:unsure:

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeah the speedo thong happened to me but had since stopped now.

My last one was an ED9 sold on with 79k all original mileag little thing wad my pride but had to let her go defo getting another as a side project next year or an EF civic.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
hello and welcome,

the pads could be a number of things, -
-they could be aftermarket so different compound (harder track pads can often squeek)
-no copper grease between the pad and piston
-no anti squeel shims between pad and piston

the speedo will be one of two things-
-the speedo convertor itself (most likely) .they have to do the kmh to mph electronically by recalibrating the vss signal from the gearbox. remove the airbox, you will normally see the oem wiring loom has been fiddled with and the small convertor fitted inline. very often there is a bad joint or the unit itself can go bad if they are a few years old.
-the clocks themselves are removed to add the mph sticker , and sometimes the plugs arnt re-attached properly.

vtecpang

Advanced Member
the speedo will be one of two things-
-the speedo convertor itself (most likely) .they have to do the kmh to mph electronically by recalibrating the vss signal from the gearbox. remove the airbox, you will normally see the oem wiring loom has been fiddled with and the small convertor fitted inline. very often there is a bad joint or the unit itself can go bad if they are a few years old.
-the clocks themselves are removed to add the mph sticker , and sometimes the plugs arnt re-attached properly.

thank you

markdc5

Im from Altrincham manchester

Yes i still havd my crx i have soent that much on her i could never let her go, she is a td05 greddy turbo full engine rebuild, racd logic traction control, nsx brakes and more the car scares me half to death lol

Cheers

markdc5

Cool, well I needed a family car so bought the Dc5, What a car, I love it, can see me putting a supercharger on it in months to come lol, nothing silly like the CRX lol

tomdc5

Cool, well I needed a family car so bought the Dc5, What a car, I love it, can see me putting a supercharger on it in months to come lol, nothing silly like the CRX lol
hi like you say what a great car for a family