help choosing induction parts

Stoo

Whining.....
No

No airbox/airfiter/induction kit will get rid of VTEC

The noise may change though.
The mugen airbox MUTES the sound a little, but not get rid of it!

skerr406

Advanced Member
Thanks man ill chase that up tomorrow, and just to confirm, there isnt really a downside to having a CAI?

Rob R

Advanced Member
No mate, if you're that paranoid about running one you can get a hydroshield for it , but like I said you have to be up your drive shafts in water to run the risk of sucking in water.

Only other downside is you constantly flooring to hear it in action lol

skerr406

Advanced Member
cheers rob, my mate is getting a hydro shield for his so maybe worth looking into but as made clear to me id have to drive through a river to get the engine wet.....

I keep seeing AEM v2 cold air intakes, anyone got these?

whats the difference between the CAI and the short ram? I assume the CAI comes more recommended?

Rob R

Advanced Member
Short ram sits in the bay, same as an AEM V2 basically so will suffer from heatsoak if stationary for a period of time.

Long ram FTW

skerr406

Advanced Member
i would assume longram wouldnt get heatsoake if stationary too long?

this would be a ssssstupid question but can it get "heatsoke" whilst the car is turned off? I would assume that would happen if was stationary for long periods of time?

Rob R

Advanced Member
No heatsoak is generated with a CAI, air intake temperature is determined by the ambient air temperature.

skerr406

Advanced Member
Well, thanks to our good friend mr taxman... I cant get this until start of april..... Rage!!!

skerr406

Advanced Member
Guys do you have any pics with the CAI's on the cars so i can see how they set up and look on the car?

skerr406

Advanced Member
so got it installed, absolutely loving it! the noise is amazing and its defo more responsive, very small increase in bhp from what im told (hardly noticible) but sounds and feels so much better! well worth the money.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
been shopping about and decided i dont really want any of them but seen this to get better throttle response

has anyone got this or any opinion on it?

Spoon high Flow Mass Filter - direct from spoon
I have got a Spoon drop in filter in my standard airbox, seems alright to me. Dont know if or what gains it might give but mine pulled 220.7 on a rolling road day with just that filter on a complety standard car. I dont think it makes alot of diference to the sound over the standard OEM filter so i guess it all depends on what you want.

jay82

Advanced Member
just a couple of things i was reading, like the mugen airbox for example, its supposed to either rid of the noise VTEC makes or just scrubs VTEC all together??
low oil and your car would go into safe mode vtec won't kick in.
the mugen airbox doesn't get rid of the vtec or the sound either. its just no better than oem for the price.
but never heard of induction kit getting rid of vtec

NiCkO

Advanced Member
ITG maxongen or PWJDM power chamber are the only 2 IMO to look at and the power chamber beat a aem V2 hands down rolling road proven. gruppe m imo is far to over priced for what it is