Help me with a list of mods essential before mapping k100?

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Hi again,

Im very amatuer when it comes to modding and tuning, I have a stock standard dc5 apart from tegiwa carbon intake and 5zigen exhaust system, I believe the manifold is standard as is the inlet.

Is it essential to get all the exhaust and inlet changed before mapping with a kpro or k100, will there not be any difference just by mapping my car as is?

Just spoke to a really helpful guy at Honda-R in oxford who suggested replacing complete exahaust, RBC inlet and other stuff before even considering a map.

Sounds like I need to spend some serious money if so in order to achieve around 245bhp.

Thanks in advance

Fez

Advanced Member
I wouldn't say its essential, you could map the car completely standard, and will see gains, just not as much.
I guess it all depends what you want from it, and how much money you have to spend.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Also peak figures aren't the fun part of the map for me.

You might only see 10-15 bhp increase at top end, but easily 25bhp in the mid range, transforming the while drive!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Liam

Advanced Member
Personally, I'd say you at least want an exhaust manifold - the tegiwa one works well. RBC inlet mani is probably worth a few ponies but isn't essential.

swanny1982

Advanced Member
ok thanks guys, I have my eye on an RBC inlet manifold, do I also need an uprated throttle body?

So is it worth replacing the entire exhaust system or just manifold?

Indi

Advanced Member
ok thanks guys, I have my eye on an RBC inlet manifold, do I also need an uprated throttle body?

So is it worth replacing the entire exhaust system or just manifold?
Uprated throttle body isn't worth the extra money in my opinion as there is hardly any gain. RBC and exhaust manifold will help a lot and of course a 2.5" or 3" exhaust would compliment it further

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi mate, Adam has a stunk 2 exhaust manifold for sale, (wj51 fut. gok) only a couple months old...and he lives in Bristol! Lol I helped him remove it so know it definitely fits ok

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
That's what I'm aiming for with mine. RBC, Decent manifold into a 3" system, Kpro/k100 and a map!

Does anyone have any input regarding the difference of K100 and Kpro?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Kpro you get to create your own maps and datalog. K100, you can't.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

swanny1982

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Hi mate, Adam has a stunk 2 exhaust manifold for sale, (wj51 fut. gok) only a couple months old...and he lives in Bristol! Lol I helped him remove it so know it definitely fits ok
thanks mate, have just pmd him