HELP - Passenger window just exploded

Linus27

Advanced Member
Yeah, you are right, you can hear it for sure. Then a slight pause and then the glass exploding. Could be a stone or the noise of the glass cracking before exploding. Still not convinced about the stone theory due to the angle but you never know. Good find sir :)

Lufoli

Sorry to hijack the topic but anyone have there windscreen replaced? If so who done it and cost. Cheers.

Luke.

dave7368

Advanced Member
yep, had mine some a few times in the past, autoglass did it, and they will probably bring you out a DC2 windscreen at least twice before they get the right one....

Fez

Advanced Member
Thats crazy. Happened to my mate a while back in his citroen c2, soon as he started the engine the rear screen smashed lol.

Gordyitrdc5

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
If you're ever up that way again, can you ask the army to stop shooting at me :)
Lol we were up there on Tuesday working in the houses not far from the main entrance to the base & all we could hear was gun fire. Still main thing is you are OK & the car getting fixed.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Christ, it does stack up it being either shrapnel or even a detect gun shot. Can you find the bullet in the car under the seats :/

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

dave7368

Advanced Member
have had a few cracked windscreens and 1 rear screen, but never a side window, though in the silver 5 i did find a load of broken glass under the carpets so presumably had been broken into in before i owned it...
hope you got it sorted ok and you're enjoying my old brakes... ;)

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
Toughened glass can go pop for seemingly no reason at all. It only needs tiny chip and a temperature differential and boom.
Whole other world to lam.

Gems

Advanced Member
My passenger rear window went like that on my old car. Luckily the insurance company replaced it next day for me. They said that sometimes it happens if there is a slightly weak point in the glass and some pressure it will go. Mine happened when I was beside a Lorry and they reckon that's what caused it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
When my window got smashed I got mine from intergrastella not cheap but good service. You could also try mikey at r motion