Help: VTEC stalling at 6k rpm

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Liamneale69 said:
Yeah same mine was imported with it on, looks alright and that but it is abit quiet. I'm going To unbolt it from the car and give it a run with it unbolted see if it changes anything
Got an oem one you can try if it's any help.

Liamneale69

Update:
Removed the b-pipe off my cat, run it with it disconnected and it's transformed the car, pulls threw the rev range how it should. So apologies to Chris for not listening 👂 Lol and I'm now looking for another cat back!

Liamneale69

Haha no it's just hurt my hand and burnt it that's all lol and I'm just going to change the full cat back system get rid of the peice of nonsense

crasherkid

Advanced Member
Okay guys good news - just like TDI said it was my exhaust that was restricting the airflow, today, I had that silencer/dB killer removed and my god what a difference it's made.
The VTEC issue has totally gone!!!! Car is back to normal and it's put a smile in my face once again.
Been out for a long drive and it was fun, boy did I miss that roar from that Tegiwa induction kit or what.

So yeah for me the issue was the exhaust was restricting the car from breathing but all sorted
Hope the other chaps on here with similar issues sort it out.
Thanks for all the support.

Liamneale69

Glad it's back to how it should be mate, I split my cat and b pipe then gave it a good run and it changed the car completely! Obviously it was that loud i got a few strange looks haha but it didn't sit about! So I'm looking for another cat back now