HKS exhaust fitted

dobber

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
ive just started suffering from the highly contagious modding bug, injen cai on its way as we speak.

this exhaust system you have put on, you say the noise is slightly deeper, and not obtrusive, im interested in an exhaust system like this, im NOT after something that sounds like thunder, just a distinguished little rumble, but not like some of the scoobs have.
take it this is just like that then?

so how much was the system? and you say its cat-back?

this could be the one for me if the cash aint too pricey, more interested about gains than noise
This IS just what your after. The sound of it is luuuuurvly. Deeper tone with quality head turning properties :) no where near as loud as a Spoon, plus you get a bung with it which makes the noise 1db above stock.

I'll have to take some vid clips of it soon :D

mikegsi

Staff member
spoke with tom last night, on the phone for just over an hour, he seems like a top bloke, would highly reccommmend him for future purchases.

he rang me back this morning and ive bought the hks exhaust, should be here very soon!

:D

mikegsi

Staff member
very soon after it comes!!!

gonna underseal at the same time, i had been told it had been done, found out yesterday it hasnt :evil:

andyd

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
very soon after it comes!!!

gonna underseal at the same time, i had been told it had been done, found out yesterday it hasnt :evil:
how much is the underseal gonna cost ?

Andy

mikegsi

Staff member
honda quoted me £179, but ive had a second opinion done cos i was sure i could see some underseal on it when it was up on the ramps.

turns out it has been undersealed, but only on joints and seals, the chassis rail and some other areas havent been done, so when the exhaust comes i'll sort them all out, easier to do then.

mikegsi

Staff member
anthony (spoon sports)

if tom ordered the exhaust yesterday have you any ideas as to when i can expect it coming??

dont really want to hassle what seems like a very busy man about delivery times!
do you reckon sometime today or most likely tomorrow? :D

itchin to get it on now!!

dobber

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
anthony (spoon sports)

if tom ordered the exhaust yesterday have you any ideas as to when i can expect it coming??

dont really want to hassle what seems like a very busy man about delivery times!
do you reckon sometime today or most likely tomorrow? :D

itchin to get it on now!!
Would have thought he'd get it today or tomorrow, therefor you could expect to see it friday at best but more likely Monday.

mikegsi

Staff member
thought it would come this morning as the local tnt deppo is a few miles away, popped out for a bit and guess what??

they came while i was out!!

just rang them as i only missed them by a few minutes, they're gonna bring it back now!!

cars in getting new brake pads tomorrow, so probably put it on next monday! :D

Spoon Sports

mikegsi said:
thought it would come this morning as the local tnt deppo is a few miles away, popped out for a bit and guess what??

they came while i was out!!

just rang them as i only missed them by a few minutes, they're gonna bring it back now!!

cars in getting new brake pads tomorrow, so probably put it on next monday! :D
Waht pads are you getting, i have some nice spoon ones :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
honda main dealer ones, for some reason i got talked into buying theirs and for them to fit them, more out of convenience though, however they are conveniently charging me £200 to supply and fit the pads!!!!!

if id known how easy it is to change the pads on these brembo calipers id have sourced some out and done it myself!!!

how much are yours just for future?

Spoon Sports

mikegsi said:
honda main dealer ones, for some reason i got talked into buying theirs and for them to fit them, more out of convenience though, however they are conveniently charging me £200 to supply and fit the pads!!!!!

if id known how easy it is to change the pads on these brembo calipers id have sourced some out and done it myself!!!

how much are yours just for future?
If you dont mind my language

SHIT THE BED, spoon are cheaper than them AND i can also get Carbon ceramic pads (i know not ideal for roads) for less than that and mark it up!!! hehe

The standard pads are sufficient though! as Im sure your aware

Atnhony

T666YPR

Dealer pads are: £123.95 Fronts

Theres £60 labour and all the VAT to go on that (including a de-scale if they're crafty)

£200+

I shan't be getting Honda pads again.

mikegsi

Staff member
:xhuh: :xalright:

fingers well and truly burnt!!

dont know what i was thinking at the time!

i'll deffo bear you in mind for next time though, i thought the brembo stuff would be a nightmare to change, thats what swayed me to just let them do it....

after speaking to a mechanic mate he pointed out how easy it is to change pads on brembo's.

mikegsi

Staff member
they can stick the de-scale up their ar$e!!!!!

they told me £200 all in and thats all they're getting :evil:

you live and learn though!!!

mikegsi

Staff member
cars back from dealership now, they didnt charge me for a descale so thats fine, ive just had the exhaust put on.

very happy, drove it at first with the muffler in, a slight difference from standard, took the muffler out and even still its a bit deeper, not stupidly headache loud, just has a much deeper sound to it, if im just bimbling along (!!!) you cant really hear it.

the middle silencer bit is huge though!!!

many thanks to tom at tgm racing! (and spoon sports for keeping me right!!!) :D

Spoon Sports

mikegsi said:
cars back from dealership now, they didnt charge me for a descale so thats fine, ive just had the exhaust put on.

very happy, drove it at first with the muffler in, a slight difference from standard, took the muffler out and even still its a bit deeper, not stupidly headache loud, just has a much deeper sound to it, if im just bimbling along (!!!) you cant really hear it.

the middle silencer bit is huge though!!!

many thanks to tom at tgm racing! (and spoon sports for keeping me right!!!) :D
Its our pleasure

Anthony