Holy Grail of Exhausts - What's yours?

Kenz

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Love the Mugen, Toda dolphin reminds me of diesel exhausts.
The mugens for sale.

Each to their own, may look like a diesel exhaust but it doesnt sound like one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indi

Advanced Member
Personally love the dolphin tip and also helps keep the noise slightly down as opposed to straight tip which is great for track days.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
The mugens for sale.

Each to their own, may look like a diesel exhaust but it doesnt sound like one.

How does the sound differ from twinloop to toda?

Kenz

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
How does the sound differ from twinloop to toda?
The toda is deeper in sound, thats probably the first thing i noticed. The mugen is very refined and almost oem as just a cat back. Great for motorways or track days.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Kenz said:
The toda is deeper in sound, thats probably the first thing i noticed. The mugen is very refined and almost oem as just a cat back. Great for motorways or track days.

The toda is just a cat back too, you have there is it not?
I've had oem, Fuji rmo1a and twinloop now

Fuji was deeeper in tone, but twinloop like you said more oem but I found had a bit more character through Rev range

I do like the straight tip toda look though

Kenz

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
The toda is just a cat back too, you have there is it not?
I've had oem, Fuji rmo1a and twinloop now

Fuji was deeeper in tone, but twinloop like you said more oem but I found had a bit more character through Rev range

I do like the straight tip toda look though
Yeah, just cat back.

I wouldnt mind trying the kakimoto regu06&r. Ive heard they sound good.

I think both the dolphin tail and straight pipe look equally as good. I picked the toda up second hand so didnt really have a choice on weather i got the dolphin or straight tip.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Previous owner to my car had the kaki regu, with many compliments on sound

I agree I wouldn't mind; but I've seen a few kaki baffles go here, so the twinloop and decant mani is staying, as it's a good all rounder for me

kneedowndean

Advanced Member
No, bought the twin loop brand new, and the manifold second hand. I wanted to protect my investment plus there is supposedly some performance gains from reduced under bonnet temps and gas flow ec. If you believe the sales patter of course. Really just liked the look!

integraleo

Advanced Member
In response to the kakimoto regu06r exhaust restrictions I went from a 3" solid fab exhaust to the kakimoto and lost 12.5 hp when I was na. Then I went supercharged and kept the kakimoto as I loved the sound far too much! Charge cooled at 9psi still made 321hp but yes would have made more on a bigger exhaust but who cares?? Sounded even meaner with charger was insane! Miss that car

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Kaki Regu 06&R is sexual! But I have a craving atm for some of the louder offerings like the TDI quieter one.

Bradley

Mark_teg said:
I miss that sound! :(
What aftermarket mani did you have out of curiosity? Strongly debating getting a kakimoto regu but I fear it may be to much on the quiet side :(

I'm looking for an exhaust atm and I really have no idea what to get lol.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Bradley said:
What aftermarket mani did you have out of curiosity? Strongly debating getting a kakimoto regu but I fear it may be to much on the quiet side :(

I'm looking for an exhaust atm and I really have no idea what to get lol.
DC Sports manifold. The Kaki is quiet with the OEM Mani but becomes a totally different animal with an aftermarket item :)

Bradley

Mark_teg said:
DC Sports manifold. The Kaki is quiet with the OEM Mani but becomes a totally different animal with an aftermarket item :)
Sounds good to me! Was this with the kaki silenced centre section to? (sorry for the million and one questions lol)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Bradley said:
Sounds good to me! Was this with the kaki silenced centre section to? (sorry for the million and one questions lol)
Yes, it's a crime to butcher such a superb system IMO!