honda access footwell lights

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
you can splice them into your interior light wire by the fusebox if you only want them to come on when you unlock the car or open the door.

or you can splice them into the glovebox light so they are always on when you put your sidelights on.

Edit: guide to assist you http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/32792-installing-rickhondars-footwell-lights-dimming.html
I'd recommend not having them connected in any way to the side lights, I had a friend who got pulled and fined and made to take his apart because according to the cop there should be NO interior lighting in the car when driving with lights on/in the dark. Apparently you get fined if you have your dome light on when driving at night!?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
not sure they would light the interior of the car up that much but cops will try and have you on anything :(

they are best just wired into the interior light so the light up when you open the door :)

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
CaLi said:
not sure they would light the interior of the car up that much but cops will try and have you on anything :(

they are best just wired into the interior light so the light up when you open the door :)
Yea to be honest my friends were pretty damn bright, and blue, so they lit up the cabin more than I'm guessing red would

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Ive got subtle red ones in mine, only an LED strip with three on it, had them in three years, and had them in my EP3 for two years previous. No issues atall. Not as bright as the dash board lights so deffinately not intrusive by any means.

But yes, bright blue ones would light it up quite well id imagine.

Sylar122

Advanced Member
I think bright blue lights that look distracting you can get done for! you think all these new Audi's in particular have footwell lights on at all times as a extra so it is legal under a certain brightness! perhaps even colour