Honda Fog Light switch

ITR BOY

Advanced Member
Ive seen a few people with the genuine Honda rear foglight switch, thats sits in the rectangular space near to the side miror adjusters/ starter button.

Can anyone tell me what Honda this has come from, as ive just been to Honda Liverpool, and he said that the CIVIC TYPE R fog light switch was on the control stalk.

Any part numbers too would be of help...

Cheers.. :wink:

David Johnson

Parts Trader
A fog lamp switch can be ordered from us
Approx cost £10.58 plus vat and carriage

Regards

Dave Johnson
Steels Hereford
01432 267154

P15UL T

Advanced Member
hi dave,

i would also like one of these fog light switches and also 10 poppers that fix the underside of the front bumper to the chassis

cheers

andyd

Advanced Member
There are five pin outs on these.

Use the top 2 for Live in / out & the bottom for ground.

Andy

dan the man

Advanced Member
neigh lad u should have said! I had the switch downstairs in all my crap, its on my list of things to do!

part number on packet but Dave will sort u out..its from an executive i think.

here..... look after that zorst lad...... :lol:

dtm

zak_spede

Gotta get me one of those - looks far better than the switch I currently have; how do you get the switches in and out? How much of the dash has to be dismantled??

Wootty

Advanced Member
zak_spede said:
Gotta get me one of those - looks far better than the switch I currently have; how do you get the switches in and out? How much of the dash has to be dismantled??
Not much - just lever a small flat screwdriver under the sides of the whole unit where it meets the cloth type material and the whole plastic section will lft out - then just squeeze the clips on the blanking piece from the rear and it pops out. You could probably get the blank out from the front but you might end up scratching the face of the dash.

zak_spede

Sounds easy enough. I'm probably going to have to get one of those lovely looking starter buttons fitted as well :D

mikegsi

Staff member
does look much better, may consider it myself too, i'll have to see how bad the drill holes are for the current switch thats in though, is that not the front fog from a civic turned upside down?

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
Thats exactly the one that I've been looking for too...think I'll get that sorteed next week.

That blanking plate around the start button though, does that coem with the pack or was that extra?

Wootty

Advanced Member
Welsh-Rich said:
That blanking plate around the start button though, does that coem with the pack or was that extra?
They are like rocking horse sh1t - if you find one let me know as I want one of them myself

linzi94

Advanced Member
i dont have the starter button - just some dodgey coin holder, can i get a fog light switch to fit or do i need something else?

Chris_M

Advanced Member
I'm after a fog light switch too....I think that's five....is that enough for a group buy discount?? :wink:

dan the man

Advanced Member
the switch fits in any of the single positions dosent it?
i mean u could have a switch, a coin holder and a space for a light for your alarm etc..

or starter button and fog, as starter is two spaces etc...

dan

David Johnson

Parts Trader
Hi all !!

What some forum members have been doing is ordereing a blanking plate (£3.28)which i assume blanks off the coin holder ?? and then put the switch(£10.58)in the new blank,
Forum members-correct me if i'm barking up the wrong tree !!!
Regarding group discount- All parts prices are set by Honda NOT the dealer so my hands are tied on that i'm afraid

Dave Johnson
Steels HONDA
Hereford
01432 267154

dan the man

Advanced Member
thought the switch fits in the hole- not the blank?

thought a blank was exactly that..a blank?

i maybe wrong :?: