How many DC5's are there in the UK?

Basher

How many DC5's are there in the UK?

My local import dealer reckons there are only about 25 but thats obviously bull. So how many are there?

Does anyone know how to find out?

There are about 5 near where I live that I have seen (about 50 mile radius).

Dave

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
It's impossible to answer this one definitively because they're all brought in individually by importers and there is no central register. My guess is (although I know many disagree with me) that your importer is not that far out - They do tend to be found in clusters (there are at least three within ten miles of me though I've never seen them) but I would be very surprised if there were more than forty in the UK as a whole.

phil_444

Advanced Member
Im a newbie from Walsall, been on the site for about a month now and I have just put down a deposit for one. :D

T666YPR

Phil,
Did you go for the blue or the red one?
If you found another silver one that would make Paul's day :lol:
Obviously white ones get too dirty in the midlands so dont get one of those( fingers x'd) :wink:

Rob-DC2

Advanced Member
Not far from me mate if your in walsall, im guessin buyin from UMG?

Blue?

PS. whos got MSN messenger as thers a couple of ppl online now.

Add me- Rob106gti@hotmail.com

no back chat ^ on username plz :oops:

Rob

phil_444

Advanced Member
Im ordering from Litchfield Imports, paid my deposit, now they will begin searching in Japan for me. Get a choice of cars in my budget and a choice of colour, red is my first choice but depends on how long it takes to find one as the are rare, but I will be just as happy with the blue.

Also I can ask for some extras so does anyone have any reccomendations? Noticed the parcel shelf is one to look out for and the sill protectors look the part.

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Sill protectors are standard - Look for one with c-package then the only real options you'll want are parcel-shelf and floormats :D ps. Don't worry about the stereo cos you'll end up changing it anyway. ps - I'd steer clear of the silver, nobody likes you when you've got one in that colour (at least I THINK that's why nobody likes me) :wink:

Basher

Floor mats

Floor mats are essential as the carpet is light red on white car (mine) or blue on blue car. Very stupid idea Mr Honda. No idea what they are on red car.

Official floor mats have type R logo and look very good.

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
phil_444 said:
Also I can ask for some extras so does anyone have any reccomendations? Noticed the parcel shelf is one to look out for and the sill protectors look the part.
Hello phil and welcome, good choice on the car btw...

as for your extras, electric folding mirrors are a nice touch and a rear wiper.. forget the parcel shelf as you have rear tinted glass anyway..

oh and make sure litchfield gives you a spare key mate..

BTW did he tell you that the car WILL come with a warranty..?? if so .. get it in writing NOW...

UW

DC5RK20A

Advanced Member
Tinted glass is not standard, that is an option, so you may want to verify that, whether or not to get the shelf in the rear. Other options, A/C less, stereo, folding power mirrors, rear wiper, no spare tire but a punc kit, undercoating (not standard), and floormats. Also it depends on what color interior is chosen as to what color the carpet is, I ordered mine with black interior in a white car, so my carpet is black. Red, black, silver can come the same way or with red interior. Blue comes with either blue or black interior.

Chris

phil_444

Advanced Member
Cheers fella's

Whats this about warranty and Litchfield? Also will the car require underseal? Or is this a myth?

Phil

T666YPR

Mine was brand new and had to have it undersealed over here.Didn't know it could be done as an option or I'd have ticked the box :?
There's also some sort of metal-look plastic upgrade for the vents and gaiter trim you can get - makes the car go much faster ( not ) :wink:

phil_444

Advanced Member
T666YPR said:
Mine was brand new and had to have it undersealed over here.Didn't know it could be done as an option or I'd have ticked the box
Did you have your car from Litchfields or somewhere else?

T666YPR

Japanese Performance Cars ^ ^ see banner.Had a few delays as Xmas got in way.Came with 85 miles on the clock.Got a good part ex as well.Ask for Nigel :)

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Jap cars don't normally come with under seal as their weather is generally good.. but as you know the UK weather is crap so you get the car undersealed to protect it from the crap weather.. salt etc... But not being funny, if you don't intend to keep the car for 5 years why bother undersealling it..

I did under seal mine and it costed me a ton.. but if I would of thought about it I wouldnt of bothered because I probably will sell the car in a couple of years ...

UW

Evs

Advanced Member
Another one here soon... 8) :D
Interested in the comment about warranties, UW? I thought they came with a 3-year Hondacare one as standard - is this not the case?

T666YPR

My Honda dealer said he would do this F.O.C. as the car was new but Honda have said no!! :evil:
Still trying to sort out a Hondacare warranty though.