How many DC5's are there in the UK?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
As soon as the car is modified the warranty is void anyway :shock: :shock:

Note, Honda take a dim view now on Mods, not as lenient as they once were :!: :!:

Also, under seal, if you do a DIY job, will only cost £15, and it's Waxel based, which repels water like nothing else does :idea:

Mike

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Another one here soon... 8) :D
Interested in the comment about warranties, UW? I thought they came with a 3-year Hondacare one as standard - is this not the case?
No mate they don't come with jack as standard unless your importer has agreed something with you.

Otherwise you have to pay for the Honda care warranty yourself (if your Honda dealer is happy to do so).

As for modding the car and the warranty being void.. it depends which dealer you go to and how much they like you Mike... My dealer knows my car is modded and knows I do track days but still would put though a claim if I needed..

Its like when I had my scoob, I had all sorts of aftermarket crap on it and when the clutch went, the dealer still changed it under warranty and they knew I had been on track and had changed a lot of the stuff on the car..

As for the DIY underseal... yeah if you want to lay under your car doing that then fine... I would rather pay the cash and have it done proper..

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Unnamed_warrior said:
Evs said:
Another one here soon... 8) :D
Interested in the comment about warranties, UW? I thought they came with a 3-year Hondacare one as standard - is this not the case?
No mate they don't come with jack as standard unless your importer has agreed something with you.

Otherwise you have to pay for the Honda care warranty yourself (if your Honda dealer is happy to do so).

As for modding the car and the warranty being void.. it depends which dealer you go to and how much they like you Mike... My dealer knows my car is modded and knows I do track days but still would put though a claim if I needed..

Its like when I had my scoob, I had all sorts of aftermarket crap on it and when the clutch went, the dealer still changed it under warranty and they knew I had been on track and had changed a lot of the stuff on the car..

As for the DIY underseal... yeah if you want to lay under your car doing that then fine... I would rather pay the cash and have it done proper..
First: Warrantry, a lot can depend on the dealer which is correct, but Honda Care ones are dealer based and run by a insurance company. These work like this, the dealer recieves no money for selling the warrentry until such time the period is over, so it is in their interest no claim is made :!: :!: Therefore, they might claim that a mod done caused the claim, thus refuse to pay :shock: :shock: Just a word of warning, like Mark said, a lot depends on the dealer.

Second: I redone the underseal on my car, as the stuff that was put on orginally had already started to come off :!: Hence I done it myself, so I knew it had all been done. I also didn't have to lay under the car, got access to a pit :wink: :wink:

I prefer if I can to do stuff myself, then I can only blame number one :shock: Also, saves me money, as I don't have a unlimited budget :!:

Mike

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
I thought that Iain ensured his cars were undersealed?

I remember when my EK9 was up on the ramps, the people who had undersealed did a PP job of it, missed loads of areas, fortunatly only surface rust so managed to redo OK, just be warned, it can eat through tthe body quite quickly this time of year.

Evs

Advanced Member
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm getting mine from Iain so I'll make sure he gets it undersealed. If it only costs a oner to get it done then that seems like a no-brainer investment to me.

Can anyone tell me please how much a Hondacare warranty costs, and can you get cover for 3 years?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
My car was originally done by Iain with light weight under seal, get them to use normal stuff!! When I re-done, prop went for over kill tbh!!

I will have too re check this year too, just to make sure, as I want to have the car for many years !!

My Care warranty cost £700 for 2 yrs cover with total AA cover (AA cover is an option)

Mike

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Type R - Matt said:
I thought that Iain ensured his cars were undersealed?
quote]

Nope,

Mine and Jason Loves DC5's where not under sealed at all ... even thou we where told that they where..... :evil:

As for the three year option.. I think you are looking at around £1K as I only took out a year and mine was £371 and if mike took out 2 years and his was £700, I would guess 3 years would be around the 1K mark with AA cover..

dan the man

Advanced Member
just out of interest, when you underseal underneath do you paint the bloody lot, brakepipes and all??
and on a car like my dc2 (uk) will it need redoing again or should generally be ok still?? 1998 car.
:) cheers chaps, see you on the 4th of april!! dan (hopefully)

DC5-loveR

Advanced Member
on the subject of how many DC5's are in the UK..

I will ask the DVLA for the exact figure and post up the good word.. won't be many :)

phil_444

Advanced Member
Evs,

Getting mine from Iain too, what you getting and what you paying? How are you getting on with it?

Phil

Evs

Advanced Member
Hi Phil

I'm getting a black one with black interior, C pack, HIDs & climate, brand new. Paying £21,595 otr for it, which includes a bit of a discount as I'm paying in stages -- £1k deposit, then the balance of the Japanese purchase price £14k-ish when they get it out there (£14k new in Japan? :shock: ), then the rest when it gets to customs. I think the GBP/JPY exchange rate is quite good at the mo, which helps.

I ordered it with Iain about a fortnight ago, it's been ordered from the factory but apparently there's a bit of a backlog at the mo. It's probably being built as I write. Spoke to Iain a couple of days ago and it'll probably get on a boat on Friday week, so I'll be getting it mid/late May. Can't really say how I'm getting on with it yet! :?

Absolutely loved the one I test drove though, much preferred it to the Impreza Spec C I tried on the same day. The on-paper spec nowhere near does them justice. I currently drive a DC2 and thought I knew what to expect, but was still shocked by how good the DC5 was. :shock: 8)

How about you?

Cheers
Evs

GTITR

Hey here guys,

Nice choice of colour there Evs - Although I would have gone for a Red interior... :wink: I bought mine from Iain last year - although it was not new (6k miles) - it was full spec. I absolutely love it - having owned a DC2 a while back I was hoping it would be as good - but to be honest, it's even better! The only thing that maybe is not a shocking is the VTEC changeover (which was serious on the DC2) - but on the whole - the car is quite a bit quicker, especially low down (no idea how much though – any ideas?) :D

Iain is a top bloke - I would recommend him to anybody.

I wonder how many black ones that makes in the UK now... :wink:

Best,
Gary.

phil_444

Advanced Member
Evs,

I am getting a blue one with 14k miles, good condition paying in stages as you are, £15700 with 6 months warranty + tax etc. Iain is good just a little hard to get hold of and get details from. Think this is because he is busy with the type 25 though.

Iain said car car was on the boat last friday (26/3) so its on the way :D

Phil

Evs

Advanced Member
Gary - cheers mate. As to the bling red interior, I like it in theory, but not sure how practical it would be. Also not too keen on the red front/black rear seats. Looks a bit cut 'n' shut imxho :wink: . Decided to stick wih the 'coalmine chic' look.

Phil - now you make me wish I'd ordered a pre-owned one! I had to have a black one though, and Iain said that black ones take longer to find as they're not that common in Japan. Agree what you said about Iain, he's a top bloke, real enthusiast but he's obviously very busy and you need to chase him up, he doesn't chase you. He gets my vote so far though.

The wait is killing me tbh! :(

Evs

White Witch

The Honda Care warranty can only be obtained from a UK dealer, nobody else. We were only allowed to purchase one within 5 days of the service being carried out as the garage has to vouch for the fact there was nothing wrong prior to the warranty being taken. They cost £987 for 3 years (did come with AA cover too though).

phil_444

Advanced Member
Evs, Any news on your car yet? I have not got mine yet.... hope to hear on monday when I will get it. Should have been here by now but there were some difficulties with finding a ship with space on it so is later than expected.

T666YPR

phil_444 said:
Should have been here by now but there were some difficulties with finding a ship with space on it so is later than expected.
That sounds familiar :x

Happened to me too :roll:

The nearer it get's,the harder the wait :evil:

Worth it though :wink: :D

phil_444

Advanced Member
Tell me about it.... I sold my car back in April thinking it would maybe six or eight weeks at the most :( Now here we are nearly in June and I really know that public transport sucks.

Worst of all three people I know have had new cars over the past week or so and I have been waiting so long and to rub it in everyone keeps asking when’s it coming.

As you say though it will be worth it. :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
Phil,

Just re-read my previous posts and have reminded myself how long I've been waiting. Aargh!! It should have been here by now according to the original plan, but apparently there was a bit of a wait in getting it from the factory and then they had the same trouble as you did getting it on a boat. Iain said he'd arranged to ship it in a container rather than a 'roll-on' as he had a number of customers who were being kept waiting and has basically paid a bit more to get the cars moving. He's been away for a couple of weeks and is still catching up with things -- he thinks my car went on a boat three weeks ago so it should be due next weekend (5 June), for collection sometime during the week after. Iain has promised to chase up the Japanese end and e-mail me tomorrow with some pics, the chassis number, and a delivery date. He can then collect the £15k I owe him...!

Hopefully not too long to go now but as the man said, the nearer it gets the harder the wait. :(

Cheers
Evs

Evs

Advanced Member
Just had the update. Good news is that I have a chassis number and some pictures, bad news is that shipping was obviously delayed even longer than I thought. It's due to land 'around 18th June' so it'll be about another three weeks before I get my hands on it. :roll:

But I want it NOW! (throws toys out of cot and sulks) :(