How much for a car?

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
bignige said:
What are the differences between the DC5 and DC2?

I see the DC2's are cheaper...

N
They are more raw and fun

But a good one is no less expensive than a dc5 unfortunately

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
bignige said:
The ad says "no super rusty arches" which in my mind reads there's some rust on the arches and that is a big no no with the dc2's.

They rust from the inside out due to a hole in between the 2 panels just above the side skirts at the front of the rear wheel if this hasn't been sealed they let in water and dirt.
If there's even a bit of rust showing then the inner arch is usually caked in rust and the only way to tell fully how bad is remove the rear interior.

It is unfortunate because they are truly awesome cars I adored mine but I don't think I'd find another in that condition without spending daft money on one

If your after a decent dc2 I'd join www.itr-dc2.com there's usually a few in decent shape for sale on there and is a genuine enthusiast site

p1tse

Advanced Member
bignige said:
Depends on definition of "decent"
I've seen some dc2 similar money to good dc5, I would imagine for a reason that they are in good condition

You get what you pay for.

I have no idea what dc2 fetch, but looking at pics on this the wheels looks like its caked in dirt and will assume require a refurb to look good, front bumper has a scrap and looks like it doesn't align to the arch so potential repairs, steering wheel is worn.

p1tse

Advanced Member
bignige said:
What are the differences between the DC5 and DC2?

I see the DC2's are cheaper...

N
Completely different cars!?
If going dc2, I've read jdm ones are better spec'd

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Patch_teg said:
Completely different cars!?
If going dc2, I've read jdm ones are better spec'd
Not strictly true unless your talking 98 spec or rx

All jdm dc2's have a better exhaust manifold the 98 spec better than the 96 cars

But 96 spec cars have milk bottle tops for brakes where as the 98 spec and ukdm cars have the bigger brakes

They say the jdm cars are 200bhp but that's on 100ron Japanese rocket fuel

With the same manifold they are pretty much the same 👍🏻

Dazaturbo

Advanced Member
Dazaturbo said:
Not strictly true unless your talking 98 spec or rx which on this budget you'd struggle to get a good one of either

All jdm dc2's have a better exhaust manifold the 98 spec better than the 96 cars

But 96 spec cars have milk bottle tops for brakes where as the 98 spec and ukdm cars have the bigger brakes

They say the jdm cars are 200bhp but that's on 100ron Japanese rocket fuel

With the same manifold they are pretty much the same 👍🏻

swanny1982

Advanced Member
buy an ep3 civic premier edition you could source one with about 60k for a 6k budget or even a champ white ep3 import you still get the lsd then and the extra bhp!