How much is it worth? K-tuned shifter box and cables.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
As the title says really. How much are these worth second hand?
The car came with them installed and I'm not sure if I like the feel.
So just bought some standard cables and box.
So this may be up for grabs!

But how much do they go for second hand? Thanks

Justin

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
I'd say between 5 and 600 if they're race cables. Closer to 450 to 500 if oem. I think that would be a fair price.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
How old is the shifter box roughly? They are £360 new on funky power, so second hand £200+?

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Not desperate to get rid lol. And I've just bought oem off stewlark. Not even a year old I'd say. I text you about a week ago Luke to see if you wanted a swap.

It's got the k-tuned oem spec/street cables too

Justin

p1tse

Advanced Member
What feel is it that you don't like

And is that compared to oem you've tried before elsewhere?

Fez

Advanced Member
I'd like to know what is wrong with it too, i've fitted short shifters to every car i've owned and never felt it made any of them worse. And i can't wait to buy this shifter lol.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
I'm keeping hold of the k-tuned shifter till I make my mind up.
It's hard to select 2nd some times. And feels overly tight.
So trying a oem shifter box first. Could be something else though.
Only ever test drive another before this one. And that was lovely shifting

Justin

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
If it's got the race cables then it's going to feel a hell of a lot tighter than OEM supposedly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

kazmo

Advanced Member
i cant see the race cables making anything feel tighter, they only pull the linkage backwards and forwards

p1tse

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
I'm keeping hold of the k-tuned shifter till I make my mind up.
It's hard to select 2nd some times. And feels overly tight.
So trying a oem shifter box first. Could be something else though.
Only ever test drive another before this one. And that was lovely shifting

Justin
Good luck
Would be interesting to hear of findings

But second gear is known to be hard when cold, worn synchro's

When was gear box oil last changed? That is suppose to help

I've no experience on the dc5, but as above most short shifter kits are positive in feedback
Those who have said its tighter generally say its harder to get into reverse, is this the case?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Second being hard to engage when cold will just be amplified with this kit as there is no "feel" as it were....its either in or out of gear which is what makes it so direct but until warm I imagine it would be a pig. I was talking to Davidpingu about this when he fitted his hybrid racing one. So precise and on the money it made it crunch when changing he said into second when cold as he couldn't feather it in. It just goes in! Lol

Gearbox oil may help but you will probably prefer an OEM unit, with a tegiwa shortshift. Thats very nice feeling gear change. Everyone is different. :)

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Do you know if its got an mtec race spring fitted to shifter on the gearbox, if it has then it will still be very tight even with the oem shifter box installed. Ive not fitted my spring yet but this is what others have said that have installed one on oem shifter.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Yeah I've extended the shaft to there's more leverage. Helped a little.

There oem spec street. Not race.

Thinking it could be worn syncros. But need to try this first to rule it out.

Gearbox oil has been done twice in the past year.

Yes all I've heard all good things about it tbh.

You do just have to firmly put it in to reverse, 1st and second.

So I don't know what's making it feel like this

Justin

tico_87

Advanced Member
Where are you located? Might have a member nearby with the shifter and see if it feels the same. Quite common the 2nd gear synchro's go on these though.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Was the best thing I ever did getting my synchros and hub assembly replaced. Recommend replacing both as they line up together, so only replacing half isn't going to be perfect.....but get saving, it's expensive. Two things you can fit in each back pocket of your jeans will total £700 if you get OEM parts. Lol before labour, id try a different shifter first to rule out every possible causes. :) could also be clutch related many things, but my money is on it being a tough shifter mechanism and your not getting on with using it daily. :)

Keep me posted on price

I'm running BuddyClub short shifter on OEM cable but been spying these for a while so wouldn't mind a chance at then IF they're not causing the issues you've mentioned above mate. ;)

Gordon