How much is your Tax???

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
GO ALFIE GO!!!

I'm another £400 p/a owner and am furious about how the same car can vary in tax band so drastically :evil:

I also confronted the DVLA about it boiled down to "prove otherwise and we'll take you seriously" ](*,)

What makes me even more angry is my £400 goes towards funding some cabinet members 2nd house or dam gardening equipment :xmad: :xmad: :xmad:

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
I know your all pissed off at paying £400 a year and don't shoot me for saying this but........ why pay it then? I refused to pay that so held out for a plg registered one.
I must be missing something here, maybe you all bought your DC5's years ago and the tax was lower??
Not trying to wined you up, i'm just trying to get my head around it?? :?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
If I knew before I bought then would have gone for a PLG one.

When I bought mine there wasnt quite the awareness there is now on the site so was non the wiser :roll:

Guess I didnt do my reserach and am paying for it now :xcry:

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
How strange!

I just renewed my tax on my (originally) 53 plate DC5 imported in 2007......

210 for 12 months...

Listed as 223 G/KM

alfie196

chalkie said:
£225 for 6 months here :xcry: :xcry: (its still worth it :xlol: )

I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you have any success i'll happily pop my log book into the DVLA. =D>

Keep the info rolling in guys. :idea:
It could be a month before i even start trying to get this done, due to having to wait for the logbook to come through.

My advice for anyone who wants to try before me,

Talk to Honda and see if you can get them to confirm, in writing, the emissions of your model - By letter or a phone call - Honda(UK)

Print out the model report that states 223.7 emissions and send it to the DVLA with appropriate section of the logbook - Assuming your car is later then 02/2002 - You can state in a covering letter that you believe your car was tested using the wrong model report - as the other one pre dates this one - long shot - but for a saving of over £200 a year well worth it.

As always with things like this - be sure of what you say in any covering letter, make sure, it at least looks like you have done your research and last of all don't give up. DVLA is not a great deal different to other major companies, in the sense you annoy them enough and get enough support they WILL fold just to shut you up, no one especially government run organisations wants bad press!!

Well there is my pep talk for they day!! 8)

qamvti

Advanced Member
alfie196 said:
Cheers, TypeGRRR (Not sure of your real name :-k )

Ok people i may have made a minor breakthrough for all of those paying too much tax.

Print this document

The link above is to a model report, that states the CO2 emissions should be 223.7g/km, whether this will be acceptable as proof is yet to be confirmed. So if any one wants to give this a try please do and report back to this thread, as i will not be able to try it until i get the logbook back.

Liam
Sorry to disappoint but that is not a breakthrough as it does not prove your car has these emissions. To get your car changed it has to have the later ECU fitted ending with part number 023 and you have to get Honda to check you car and Honda UK to write you a letter confirming this is correct not an easy task as Honda UK do not support the DC5 R.
Hope this helps, also would like to say why did you start a new thread ](*,) should of stuck with the sticky.
Kammy

alfie196

qamvti said:
Sorry to disappoint but that is not a breakthrough as it does not prove your car has these emissions. To get your car changed it has to have the later ECU fitted ending with part number 023 and you have to get Honda to check you car and Honda UK to write you a letter confirming this is correct not an easy task as Honda UK do not support the DC5 R.
Like this one?

Thanks for the info, i had nothing else to go on other then this model report, now i know what i need to do, it will be a different matter. Do you have any idea what year they started putting the different ECU in?

Any other info you can provide us with, will be a great help, i.e. What year is your DC5? It could help a lot of people save money.

qamvti said:
Hope this helps, also would like to say why did you start a new thread ](*,) should of stuck with the sticky.
Kammy
I started a new thread as this doesn't have anything to do with 2008 Tax changes :?: , its to do with the emissions in your logbook :idea:

qamvti

Advanced Member
alfie196 said:
qamvti said:
Like this one?

Thanks for the info, i had nothing else to go on other then this model report, now i know what i need to do, it will be a different matter. Do you have any idea what year they started putting the different ECU in?

Any other info you can provide us with, will be a great help, i.e. What year is your DC5? It could help a lot of people save money.

qamvti said:
Kammy
I started a new thread as this doesn't have anything to do with 2008 Tax changes :?: , its to do with the emissions in your logbook :idea:
Yes thats the ecu you will need also you will need both model reports to show the DVLA the difference in what you are trying to explain to them as they are just #-o . My car is a 51 plate but on Hondas system shows up as a 2002. :?
Hope this helps

qamvti

Advanced Member
Just want to update the ecu in the picture you have shown me alfie196 is not from a 2005 DC5 as shown on the ebay ad http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-INTEGRA-TYP ... otohosting where you got the picture from. If am I correct is that where you got the picture from and if it is it is no good to any one as the ecu will be immobilised and you will need the original key as it is chipped. But I am 99% sure its an preface lift ECU.

Hope this helps

Kammy

linzi94

Advanced Member
£190 for 12 months - just renewed at the end of May there. Although the woman in the post office caused some drama over accepting my insurance cover note :roll:

mine was registered in the UK in March 2005.

alfie196

qamvti said:
Just want to update the ecu in the picture you have shown me alfie196 is not from a 2005 DC5 as shown on the ebay ad http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-INTEGRA-TYP ... otohosting where you got the picture from. If am I correct is that where you got the picture from and if it is it is no good to any one as the ecu will be immobilised and you will need the original key as it is chipped. But I am 99% sure its an preface lift ECU.

Hope this helps

Kammy
Yeah, it was from that ebay add. It was the only piture of one i could find, i just wanted to use it as an example for anyone who wanted to check.

You don't happen to have a copy of the 002-00009 (234g/km) model report do you? The website that was hosting it went down soon after Andy put the link to it up.

Cheers for info.

Liam

qamvti

Advanced Member
alfie196 said:
qamvti said:

Hope this helps

Kammy
Yeah, it was from that ebay add. It was the only piture of one i could find, i just wanted to use it as an example for anyone who wanted to check.

You don't happen to have a copy of the 002-00009 (234g/km) model report do you? The website that was hosting it went down soon after Andy put the link to it up.

Cheers for info.

Liam
Yes I do have it, send us your email address I will send you it.

Kammy

alfie196

Hi All,

Just a quick update, as its been a while.

Been chatting ( :xmad: ) with the DVLA and as qamvti suggests it is no easy task, tried the method he used and got refused. All they will accept as proof of emissions is a letter from Honda with the emissions stated. This is near impossible to get hold of, i have tried many times chatting to many different people within in honda. The other way is to get the car tested (again) by SVA at a cost of over £200 ( Check Prices Here ), ensuring that they use Model Report Number 000/038/00021/4 and hope that it passes the emissions. Also check that you have the correct ECU first!

I now have a contact within honda that may be able to give us a helping hand, once i confirm this i will be back!! Watch this space!

Liam

VT-Doo

RushDoo
200BHPCARS said:
Ironically for the foreseeable future VOSA have changed the rules of SVA (now IVA) which means a Dc5 doesn't have to be compared against ANY model report anymore, simply a standard SVA will do. In this case i believe they will be registering all tegs in the PLG bracket. ](*,)
Please explain :)

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
This sounds quite promising then! Sounds like its alot of work and its taking a while but it will be worth it in the end. I'm one of the lucky plg ones, got my new disc through on friday - £190

Shanetyper

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
`04 Facelift `Teg....£190pa \:D/
:xhuh: :xhuh: :xhuh: thats unreal theres some difference over the water mines an 01 €611 for 12 months its a bloody disgrace :xmad: