I'm doing it!!! (Donington 28th April)

dinx

Sharpey rang me today....told me he'd booked himself onto the track day at Donington on the 28th April....oh....and he'd booked me on it too :shock: (He admitted this afternoon that actually he hadn't booked me on at that stage, but because I reacted positively then went and booked me on :lol: )

Car was going in for routine service at the end of the month anyway, so will be sticking some new brake discs and pads on my baby ready for my first ever track day in April.

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

and a bit scared :lol:

dinx

Hope so :lol:

Am really excited but a bit nervous....but think a few nerves are healthy :?

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
I am the same as you mate I have never done a track day :shock:

Whats more worrying is the fact that I have to squeeze a few in before June because thats when I will be doing the Nurburg Ring & Hockenheim.

truffs

dinx go for it :!: Just remember dont do a me and have an argument with a traffic cone at 110mph as they always win, o yer dont hit a badger as well because front bumpers dont like them :cry:

Sikboy, start off little and go large hey, Nurberg first track,v v brave :shock:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
truffs said:
dinx go for it :!: Just remember dont do a me and have an argument with a traffic cone at 110mph as they always win, o yer dont hit a badger as well because front bumpers dont like them :cry:

Sikboy, start off little and go large hey, Nurberg first track,v v brave :shock:
Exactly I need to get a few in before Juse so if you have any suggestions let me know :lol:

truffs

just jealous to be honest been promising myslef for donks to do thqt track but always find an excuse such as badgers and traffic cones 8)

truffs

try Bedford mate, fantastic first course and long (GT circuit v good mixture of bends and strights, i have finally found out what you can do with the DC5 and the back end hangs out well :lol: :lol:

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Yeh I have been advised to do Bedford, any idea about dates cost etc ?

I wouldnt mind doing Donnington aswell Dinx

truffs

-Bedford was £125 open pit lane. took two hours (Got lost thanks for finding me John and Dunc!!!) from Didcot (Oxfordshire)
-3 x tank of fuel £120 (mine drinks it though on track being a turbo)
-NOS additive + 7 octane points ontop of the optimax (I liked this product alot) £19 treats approx 4 tanks of petrol
- new set of tyres circa £200
- new rear pads as destroey mine £60
- new Actuator £90
- new front bumper £150 (thanks Mark :D )

Please note though tyres, pads needed to be done due to normal wear and tear, actuator was my fault as spent way to long out on track (red mist i think is what you call it that DC2 was MINE :!: :!: ) a new front bumper, well that was because of the more endangered badger species now Sarah killed it before i bloo*y hit it!!!!

I would say on a real basis i spent approx £250. Fantastic fun though, better than sex and i dont care what anyone says :D )push the car as hard as you want - dosent complain...throw her around - dosent complain - smash the footwear - dosent complain 8)

dinx

Must say I kinda wish now I'd done Bedford first...I really liked how open it is. Steve drove Donington his first time though and thought it was OK.

Donington on the 28th April (a Thursday) is with goldtrack - £195

Reeeeeally looking forward to it but now it can't come quick enough!! It seems such a long time away.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
truffs said:
-Bedford was £125 open pit lane. took two hours (Got lost thanks for finding me John and Dunc!!!) from Didcot (Oxfordshire)
-3 x tank of fuel £120 (mine drinks it though on track being a turbo)
-NOS additive + 7 octane points ontop of the optimax (I liked this product alot) £19 treats approx 4 tanks of petrol
- new set of tyres circa £200
- new rear pads as destroey mine £60
- new Actuator £90
- new front bumper £150 (thanks Mark :D )

Please note though tyres, pads needed to be done due to normal wear and tear, actuator was my fault as spent way to long out on track (red mist i think is what you call it that DC2 was MINE :!: :!: ) a new front bumper, well that was because of the more endangered badger species now Sarah killed it before i bloo*y hit it!!!!

I would say on a real basis i spent approx £250. Fantastic fun though, better than sex and i dont care what anyone says :D )push the car as hard as you want - dosent complain...throw her around - dosent complain - smash the footwear - dosent complain 8)
Feckin hell thats some wear & tear lol

I think I will need pads soon anyway !

dinx

Oh....plus the cost of new brake pads and discs, although that had to be done anyway, but will be putting good'uns on 8)

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
dinx said:
Must say I kinda wish now I'd done Bedford first...I really liked how open it is. Steve drove Donington his first time though and thought it was OK.

Donington on the 28th April (a Thursday) is with goldtrack - £195

Reeeeeally looking forward to it but now it can't come quick enough!! It seems such a long time away.
I am tempted to book this ! at least you wouldnt be the only noob !

dinx

Yeah you should! The good thing about it is that its split into two classes. Needless to say I'll be going out with the novices :lol: Alternating half hour sessions through the day.

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
You know what I think I will book this whether or not I get to do one earlier !

I think I will try to get in on Bedford thou to learn the limits of the car !

truffs

If you watch the video of Bedford where Sharpey lost it and disappeared off to the right i lost and disappeared off to the left, 2.5 spins at over 100mph very scary, thank god for the run off areas :wink:

That Anglesy course would scare me silly with all those mounds and armcos :shock:

dinx

I'm defo not gonna be pushing myself at Donington. Being my first time I'll take it easy, won't be appropriate to be testing my driving and/or the car I don't think!

truffs

Thats what i said mate until you see a red DC2 in in your sites or a CTR and then it becomes personnel........in my job its called red mist and it very very dangerous 8) :wink: