Importers

Mike9000

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear about the bump impne, must be maddening. Sounds like a buy back would be good if you could do that.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
ste01 said:
They're a pain in the ass. They are so bad for boost leaks, vacuum leaks etc and some of the parts are a fortune now. I've considered one myself, spoke to Torque GT about them as I know Darren had one. Just sounded like too much effort
Yes have read they can be a bit of nightmare to own, mainly getting them to temperature and adequate cooling down is problematic. They are a fantastic engine though if you treat them right but pretty weak if you don't.

impne

Advanced Member
Had an engineer out today

What a plank

He hadn‘t got a clue

Said chassis bent

A Sportage reversed into it at an angle pushing the bonnet over a fraction

I‘ve had the front off and you can see it hasn‘t gone anywhere near the bottom of the car only the top and it drove absolutely fine straight as an arrow back home

Runs and drives mint just looks crap 😂

Only cosmetic which is annoying it has to be written off

Makes you wonder what background this chap had

Didn‘t look under the bonnet just took pics, said he‘d put a report together for costs to ins company Monday and he said pointless repairing after his 4 minutes look around it

I‘ll just have to wait for the offer of 5k to come now 😂 bang goes the £12k I paid plus the thousands on parts. Wish I‘d waited another 2 weeks to fit my clutch now 🙄 also best get my new R888R‘s of it

bennn

Advanced Member
impne said:
Had an engineer out today

What a plank

He hadn‘t got a clue

Said chassis bent

A Sportage reversed into it at an angle pushing the bonnet over a fraction

I‘ve had the front off and you can see it hasn‘t gone anywhere near the bottom of the car only the top and it drove absolutely fine straight as an arrow back home

Runs and drives unblemished just looks crap 😂

Only cosmetic which is annoying it has to be written off

Makes you wonder what background this chap had

Didn‘t look under the bonnet just took pics, said he‘d put a report together for costs to ins company Monday and he said pointless repairing after his 4 minutes look around it

I‘ll just have to wait for the offer of 5k to come now 😂 bang goes the £12k I paid plus the thousands on parts. Wish I‘d waited another 2 weeks to fit my clutch now 🙄 also best get my new R888R‘s of it
Dont take their first offer mate. Send them a few links of overpriced cars and they'll soon pay out properly. Make sure you buy it back too!

impne

Advanced Member
They‘ve come back just to inform me I‘m keeping car and getting some cash. They haven‘t given me idea of what but bet not much.
Have to wait until next week

Rich-R

impne said:
They‘ve come back just to inform me I‘m keeping car and getting some cash. They haven‘t given me idea of what but bet not much.
Have to wait until next week
Interested to find out how much u got? :)

impne

Advanced Member
Rich-R said:
Interested to find out how much u got? :)
Absolutely nothing has happened yet.

I had to phone and complain again

At this rate I‘ll sort myself probably few hundred in parts and I‘ll have it back together in a day

Drives mint

Paint bumper, bonnet, new light, air con rad and away I go

They‘re using for evaluation price on a computer model apparently, they put value in a program that they also enter parts required and labour and it spits out if write off or not. That little damage that it won‘t be written off for that but they seem he‘ll bent on writing it off for that lack of available parts?

I gave them price I paid which I alway give ins company £12k
58k miles imported 2016 not used much just sits in garage

Obviously this isn‘t what it may go for privately but it‘s what torque and BHP Imports advise what it‘ll cost to import another to that spec

I‘ll update in a year or so when I actually hear from them

Glad it isn‘t my main car as I‘d be going nuts by now

impne

Advanced Member
Been offered £12k straight off bat which is stupid with it having so little damage.
Buy mine back for £4k
Difficult to assess cost on mine but going to chip away at the salvage cost

ste01

Advanced Member
12k isn't a bad offer as the used market for these is woeful currently (obviously I don't know how much you have in parts on it so maybe you would feel a loss) you could always go to the scrap a yard to get some personal items out of it ;)

impne

Advanced Member
I‘ll have to have a look see how much low mile engines go for and all the bits to see if it‘s worth keeping and breaking as well for the hassle.

bennn

Advanced Member
impne said:
I‘ll have to have a look see how much low mile engines go for and all the bits to see if it‘s worth keeping and breaking as well for the hassle.
why not buy it back and spend a grand repairing it? You've got a nice DC5 for £5k then and £7k in the bank!

impne

Advanced Member
I‘ve thought about it

Springfield who repair cars for the Honda dealers up north are coming tomorrow to take a look

Only need a few bits

The list of crap the ins company have put down is ridiculous no wonder the price to repair is so high

It‘s as if they‘ve deliberately tried to get out of the repair