Induction Kits for the DC5

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
This has reminded me I need to sort my intake out for my Mugen intake...

Are there any others available that work the same as the 5Zigen?

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Mike, you really need to sort out an air feed mate. Running the J's without the scoop is like running the Mugen without the Mugen front bumper/custom feed (although not as bad. I warned everyone about this when the incomplete J's kit was on ebay). Having a good air feed for those types of intakes is vital as has been dyno proven by dave c when he had TGM make him up a custom air feed for his oem air box.
Im in the process of making one, i spoke to sumopower but they never got back to me as j's factory was shut for summer hols.

Im going to see how this one goes. Ill get a picture of it up

aideo

Has anyone got any videos/ sound recordings of their DC5 running a Tegiwa Carbon Gruppe M style intake or an AEM CAI? Would really help me decide. Many thanks in advance?

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
Sorry Justin, we have tested Simota Carbon and Groupe M carbon, and the one you see above also. Therefore i can confirm that the picture above is not the one we are discussing now,,,its one of our very first ram air systems that we used. but the intake mouth was not big enough, this may or may not be the case with GPM but they were only a few bhp out. I will try and find a picture for you vindots but i will have to search...bear with me.
Bump for Info on the buddy club intake - I've had an AEM, Injen and just about to test my own DIY effort.

Would love to try yours on the dyno as the battery has already been re-located and the arch liner cut.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I'll grab te videos from my dyno with AEM V2 an prospec exhaust and fire them on tonight when I'm home if that helps Aideo??

Gordon

aideo

Lovely job, shall look forward to that. Really like the way the Tegiwa one fills the bay and is supposed to be more sublte, but have heard that AEM sounds the nuts.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Lol the guys stood near it thought so llf

Im waiting for the full one but I have snippets of fb I'll repost tonight.

Gordon

T

Tegiwa Imports

There are lots of videos on YouTube of EP3's with our intake - its essentially the same.

paul hughes

Bump for Info on the buddy club intake - I've had an AEM, Injen and just about to test my own DIY effort.

Would love to try yours on the dyno as the battery has already been re-located and the arch liner cut.
We have stopped making the on car fitted air intake,it presents too many problems for customers travelling and it is not a diy fit. we did consider jigging and mass producing it but it wasnt that pretty and we didnt think it passed the under bonnet bling test...although it did produce better torque and power than anything else we tested it was only 1 or 2 bhp.

Vindots

Advanced Member
Paul please post some Sample pictures of what you guys did to the intake..

Timtegdc5

I installed an Injen Cold air induction kit today, so here are my thoughts on it.

Cons:
  • It took a long time to install. The whole front bumber needs to be removed and there is a replacement screen wash fluid tank to fit
  • Leaves a big hole in the engine bay
Pros
  • It was recommended to me over other intakes due to the position of the filter (infront of the wheel well) being the best place to get cold air from
  • It sounds awesome! Quiet in the lower revs, but when you put your foot down it is brutal
  • I am pretty sure it gives a noticeable increase in power
  • Price is about the same as an AEM V2 and IMO about as little as you can pay for a decent kit
If anyone is interested I can upload photos.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
Hi all

I am a little confused.
Is the AEM CAI the same as the AEM Long Arm?

Is this it?
http://www.spirit9.com/aem-cold-air-intake-gunmetal-gray-for-honda-civic-01-06-ep3-integra-dc5.html

It doesnt mention having to relocate the washer bottle?

Thanks

G Man

Advanced Member
It's the short arm version. I'll have one of these for sale very soon. PM for details.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
What is the main difference between the Short arm and Long arm?
Performance?
Less likely to soak up water?