Insurance for 22 yr old..

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
For those who are 22 or younger, who are you insured with?

At the moment my brother is with Brentacre and renewal is soon so we're trying to shop around but Greenlight and Sky Insurance both can't quote due to less than one year experiencee..

He's got 4 yrs ncb but only recently got his dc5, had a ep3 previously for 7 months or so, and before that a fiesta for 4 years..

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Try admiral? I used them from the ages of 20-24 and that was being insured on a ep3, STI and the DC5.

I'm now with Brent acre, which offered the best all round deal. Try Chris Knotts, they gave me the cheapest quote (but not the best package)

J

James_DC5

I first got insurance on mine when I was 21 almost 22, by just going on to one of the comparison sites filling in all my details but entering the car manually without the reg as an imported dc2 type r then I rang up the cheapest which was admiral/elephant told them the quote reference, reg and that it's actually a dc5. They recognise the dc5 and change it, the price did increase a little bit.

I'm pretty sure by doing it this way you still get the discount from the comparison site, worked for me and got a pretty decent price. Also when I first do the quote online I put the policy start date as far forward as possible and then just ask if they will honour that price on the day and they always say yes normally saves a little bit money. Hope this helps.

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
Im 20 and got my renewal through today from Brentacre of £2095... going to have to do some serious shopping around

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Matt-DC5 said:
Im 20 and got my renewal through today from Brentacre of £2095... going to have to do some serious shopping around
Just curious mate, what were you expecting at that age on a teg?

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Matt-DC5 said:
Ouch, thats alot.. price wise depends on alot of factors. Just a matter of who'll insure you

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Reggie91 said:
Try admiral? I used them from the ages of 20-24 and that was being insured on a ep3, STI and the DC5.

I'm now with Brent acre, which offered the best all round deal. Try Chris Knotts, they gave me the cheapest quote (but not the best package)
Unfortunately can't get a quote from Chris knott, :/ their underwriter is the same as my current so they're not quoting

Mattz

Advanced Member
mikey_t8 said:
both can't quote due to less than one year experiencee..

He's got 4 yrs ncb but only recently got his dc5, had a ep3 previously for 7 months or so, and before that a fiesta for 4 years..
How has he got less than 1 years experience? Am I missing something here? :p

I'm insured with Sky, All mods declared and 3 years NCB works out just over £800 (I'm 22).

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Mattz said:
How has he got less than 1 years experience? Am I missing something here? :p

I'm insured with Sky, All mods declared and 3 years NCB works out just over £800 (I'm 22).
When he first passed, he didn't have his own car.. he was second driver on my policy until I bought another car and sold him my Fiesta..

kahn_v

Advanced Member
GREEN LIGHT INSURANCE !!! THIS COMPANY ABSOLUTELY DISGUST ME! IDIOTS!

TOO MUCH ATTITUDE ON THE PHONE! FUKING ASSHOLES!

LAZY

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
GREEN LIGHT INSURANCE !!! THIS COMPANY ABSOLUTELY DISGUST ME! IDIOTS!

TOO MUCH ATTITUDE ON THE PHONE! FUKING ASSHOLES!

LAZY
There's a way of dealing with companies you have disagreements with, posting about it like a petulant child on an internet forum is not one of them.

kahn_v

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
There's a way of dealing with companies you have disagreements with, posting about it like a petulant child on an internet forum is not one of them.
woah dude! its the way i got spoken to by one of their staff. if i don't speak up about it they're going to treat other customers the same!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I hardly think they would care about one or two comments on a forum. If you have an issue with them then put in a complaint or ask to speak to another member of the team. I also find social media is a pretty good way of getting a point across. I was with Greenlight for 2 years including my claim with the S2000 and I received nothing but exemplary service from them.

Mark_teg

Staff member
As above, complaining about bad attitude when you express one yourself! Also, swearing is not permitted on this forum thank you very much!

I've used Greenlight and found them to be like-minded enthusiasts, end up having great discussions like I would a good mate every time my renewal came through. My only complaint with them is they wouldn't ensure an M3.

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Unfortunately I got no comments about Greenlight. They wouldn't insure me until I had one year experience, and after that, they weren't the cheapest.. lol

kahn_v

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
As above, complaining about bad attitude when you express one yourself! Also, swearing is not permitted on this forum thank you very much!

I've used Greenlight and found them to be like-minded enthusiasts, end up having great discussions like I would a good mate every time my renewal came through. My only complaint with them is they wouldn't ensure an M3.
obviously!? if someones pissed me off I'm gonna be pissed off.