At your age you're always going to struggle to get a decent quote

Try sky
Greenlight
Adrian flux

And seen on here someone got a good quote with Sainsbury's

Good luck 👍🏻

Zain312

I got the car yesterday hahaha
Brentcre said they can quote me but they closed today so gonna try them tomorrow. Everyone else saying no 😭

jrscho

Advanced Member
Your previous car also plays a big factor! A lot won't go anywhere near you if you've driven something a lot slower before..

Try admiral as mentioned, that's who I was with before when I was 21. Not sure if that year younger will make a difference or not...

kieran-itr

Advanced Member
I had my first EP3 when I was 18 but that was 10 years ago & now just realising that I now feel old :xno:

SmudgerByName

Advanced Member
Previous Car History can be a limiting factor. I'm with Greenlight and came from a Seirra Cosworth to the DC5 and before that was in a Focus ST. £500 for the DC5 and it's due to my history basically.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Greenlight were sketchy about insuring me on my second Evo, then they said they'd do it but I couldn't mod it. I kindly reminded them that I'd previously insured a 430 bhp Evo with them and they lifted that caveat quickly.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Alot of money but should just be for the one year mate. You should be able to get alot better quotes next time round 🖒

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
Not a bad price for 20..

my first year with my dc5 was something like £1800 and I was older than 20..

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Damn reading this makes me feel old lol... I paid £310.20 last week for my DC5 modded and for my partner and I fully comp. I was not even paying that at 20 and 22 on my Silver R33 GTR V-Spec or my Lancia Integrale.

Insurance however has been a real eye opener this year. I have had an extensive list of highly desirable cars of which some have been highly tuned yet one company " Greenlight " were not interested and would not cover me and my partner on the DC5. The reason for this was a lack of experience on high performance cars, I explained my car history and can provide proof of all of them and explained that I decided to take a break from performance cars whilst other priorities took over my life. Prior ot the break of 4.5yrs my last two cars were a DC2 Type R (unblemished and stock) and a very highly tuned Midnight Purple R33 GTR V-Spec running an R34 Nur Spec II engine at 562whp (on low boost - 1bar), cant remember the fig on high as never really used it. The car was imported through Newera Imports and was a fully spec'd out car from Top Secret and Nismo in Japan with over 70K spent on it.

Yet their reply was we wont insure both of you on the DC5 due to a lack of recent experience on performance cars, hello the DC5 performance vs the Above which is only 1 of the many car's I/we have had?

Glad you got a quote and hope next year it's a fair and more realistic amount :)