Insuring dc5

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Damn reading this makes me feel old lol... I paid £310.20 last week for my DC5 modded and for my partner and I fully comp. I was not even paying that at 20 and 22 on my Silver R33 GTR V-Spec or my Lancia Integrale.

Insurance however has been a real eye opener this year. I have had an extensive list of highly desirable cars of which some have been highly tuned yet one company " Greenlight " were not interested and would not cover me and my partner on the DC5. The reason for this was a lack of experience on high performance cars, I explained my car history and can provide proof of all of them and explained that I decided to take a break from performance cars whilst other priorities took over my life. Prior ot the break of 4.5yrs my last two cars were a DC2 Type R (unblemished and stock) and a very highly tuned Midnight Purple R33 GTR V-Spec running an R34 Nur Spec II engine at 562whp (on low boost - 1bar), cant remember the fig on high as never really used it. The car was imported through Newera Imports and was a fully spec'd out car from Top Secret and Nismo in Japan with over 70K spent on it.

Yet their reply was we wont insure both of you on the DC5 due to a lack of recent experience on performance cars, hello the DC5 performance vs the Above which is only 1 of the many car's I/we have had?

Glad you got a quote and hope next year it's a fair and more realistic amount :)
You Deffo like your cars don't you! A pretty perfect selection you have :)

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
When I insured the dc5 in July I was 22 turning 23 and it cost me £1400!

Phoned them yesterday and cancelled from 01/11/16 as the car is actually getting locked away to keep me out it and I'm getting £817 back which I thought was alright

nsxer

Advanced Member
insurance for the dc5 is very high and so few underwriters will take them on so high prices for all of us owners by looks of it
plus the government has increased taxes on all ins premiums as well this year
its a 'high risk' car so the stats must be pretty grim

i was 42 when i insured mine and i have a history of performance cars and Greenlight were questioning me ... i had to remind them what i have in the garage and as stated above that sort of reassured them but my quote/premium is high i think for my age and experinence including advanced driving and my no clams ... they expect a considerable drop if i get through a year of hassle free driving. but 1st year is a joke and rip off; the dc5 is an expensive car and I personally think you are mad buying a DC5 at 20 years of age and paying such a premium. Absolute bonkers, and i hope it does not put you into any financial pressures ... simply not worth it on a car IMHO

Zain312

nsxer said:
insurance for the dc5 is very high and so few underwriters will take them on so high prices for all of us owners by looks of it
plus the government has increased taxes on all ins premiums as well this year
its a 'high risk' car so the stats must be pretty grim

i was 42 when i insured mine and i have a history of performance cars and Greenlight were questioning me ... i had to remind them what i have in the garage and as stated above that sort of reassured them but my quote/premium is high i think for my age and experinence including advanced driving and my no clams ... they expect a considerable drop if i get through a year of hassle free driving. but 1st year is a joke and rip off; the dc5 is an expensive car and I personally think you are mad buying a DC5 at 20 years of age and paying such a premium. Absolute bonkers, and i hope it does not put you into any financial pressures ... simply not worth it on a car IMHO
Always wanted a dc5 ahah, also considering I was paying 1300 for an ep2 and managed to get a decent quote for my age on a dc5 I'm more than happy tbh, finally on the road. In terms of finance I knew what I was getting myself into so it's all good

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Zain312 said:
Always wanted a dc5 ahah, also considering I was paying 1300 for an ep2 and managed to get a decent quote for my age on a dc5 I'm more than happy tbh, finally on the road. In terms of finance I knew what I was getting myself into so it's all good
Brilliant,good for you...enjoy your Teg,brilliant drivers car,not the fastest car on the block but the most rewarding to drive :xvtec: xthumbup

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
^ if you ever fancy selling youe gearknob please PM me, been after one for a while. Have a Mugen to PX.