its a write off!

mikey_t8

Advanced Member
At least now they're on the right track.. £6195 better than £3800 they offered originally

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
seijik said:
I'll be changing over tomorrow, this is my first dealings with any kind of insurance claim so I didnt really know any better, and I didnt really want to start from scratch again but as it seems its now going backwards they can do one!
Did you get a result yet ?

T.G.

Thebear84

Advanced Member
Mine offered me £6k to start with. Then told the what I paid not long ago and sent them photo of receipt and screen shot of the bank transfer. I sent 3 examples as well of online sale. How long ago did you buy it. You got receipt still and was it private sale.

seijik

sorry for the lack of response from me, there's just too much that has happened with this to write down! long story short, they have revised their last 3 incorrect reports and the current offer is 7500, they have taken the courtesy car back because I have received more than 50% of the pav, wasnt happy about that! But I do have my car sitting on the drive looking sorry for itself now. However I still need to have an argument with the engineer about the mods and my like for like cover and try and get some more money out of them but its not looking hopeful! And as the pav has gone up its now a cat d so the percentage on buying back has gone up so I only get an extra 300 or something.

The engineer provided 4 examples, 1 in Ireland for 6700, one in scotland for 7000, and 2 others at 7995, think Im going to say I need examples in the same country at least! and he's averaged out the milage between them all and the value, which before he said they use a formula to work out the milage/cost difference. They tell me something different every time I speak to them! So If anyone has any advise Im all ears!

TyperItr

Advanced Member
If you are allowed look at other countries send him a few examples from Japan.that should see you around the 10k mark in no time. Have you any pictures for proof of condition?

He is obviously looking for the cheapest ones he can find. You should look for the.most expensive ones you can find and send him them