I've moved to Sainsburys.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
I was with Sainsbury's but gave Admiral a go, got it for £182, also put the other two cars with them as well ;)

T.G.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
How are you lot getting it so cheap?

I've been with Greenlight the last two years. 9 years NCB and I'm paying £49 a month and had to pay £110 as my first month on a car that has literally no modifications. 😟

Expires in March, think I may have to go with someone else.

Stuarty

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
How are you lot getting it so cheap?

I've been with Greenlight the last two years. 9 years NCB and I'm paying £49 a month and had to pay £110 as my first month on a car that has literally no modifications. 😟

Expires in March, think I may have to go with someone else.
Basically the exact same as me with green light. Thought I was getting a good deal, seems not.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Stuarty said:
Basically the exact same as me with green light. Thought I was getting a good deal, seems not.
So did I, clearly not. :/

Going to call Sainsbury's later on and see what they can offer.

So no problems insuring it with them even though it's an import?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Crazylegs said:
So did I, clearly not. :/

Going to call Sainsbury's later on and see what they can offer.

So no problems insuring it with them even though it's an import?
still waiting for someone to be involved in an accident then we will all find out.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Did an online quote before.

£360 odd for the year, £59 first payment followed by £29 a month or around that.

Much cheaper than Greenlight.

Going to try a few other places as well to see if I can get it cheaper.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Sainsburys seem to brilliant on price if you're only very mildly modded, i barely got halfway listing my mods and their system crashed, it would'nt let the guy on the phone add anymore lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just done some online quotes with Compare the market.

Cheapest is £265 a year with Zenith Insurance, fully comp with modifications (exhaust). £22 deposit with then 11 x £25.

Excess is high at £450 but that's a hell of a lot cheaper than what I'm paying now which is £49 a month.

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Just done some online quotes with Compare the market.

Cheapest is £265 a year with Zenith Insurance, fully comp with modifications (exhaust). £22 deposit with then 11 x £25.

Excess is high at £450 but that's a hell of a lot cheaper than what I'm paying now which is £49 a month.
@ Crazylegs, out of curiosity i went on the compare the market site and couldn't get the correct DC5 Teg up, it didn't recognise the reg and didn't come up when doing it manually! Are you sure it showed the right car mate?
My reg showed an Accord and manually it only list's the DC2.

T.G.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I put in my reg plate and mentioned it was an import and it let me continue with the quote albeit I don't recall it asking what car it was.

On the Sainsbury's site it actually brings it up as an Integra 2.0l but didn't recognise the reg.

dotty

Advanced Member
Just had my renewal through from Sky, no change in the premium, will have to shop around I think.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Seems like Sky and Greenlight are offering similar kinds of prices and not dropping the premiums.

I had the same as you last year Stu and that was Greenlight barely changed the amounts which I found odd considering I was 34 with 8 years no claims. I stayed with them because with the car being an import I thought I may have struggled to get it insured elsewhere which no longer seems the case.

Also to be fair their service has been good, the guys on the phone are really helpful and they're quick too. Ideally I'd want to stay with them but unless they can offer me a similar quote to what I've had today then I'm off. I've been quoted literally half the price of what I'm currently paying and that is a hell of a difference to someone like me who doesn't have much disposable cash.

Will see what they come back with come renewal time next month.

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Crazylegs said:
Seems like Sky and Greenlight are offering similar kinds of prices and not dropping the premiums.

I had the same as you last year Stu and that was Greenlight barely changed the amounts which I found odd considering I was 34 with 8 years no claims. I stayed with them because with the car being an import I thought I may have struggled to get it insured elsewhere which no longer seems the case.

Also to be fair their service has been good, the guys on the phone are really helpful and they're quick too. Ideally I'd want to stay with them but unless they can offer me a similar quote to what I've had today then I'm off. I've been quoted literally half the price of what I'm currently paying and that is a hell of a difference to someone like me who doesn't have much disposable cash.

Will see what they come back with come renewal time next month.
If you can get it for £265 mate on a DC5 id definately take that out. That is an amazing price....i'll make a note on your record how much you have been quoted and i can tell you 100% that £265 is a GREAT deal. If you are happy with the policy and cover they offer id buy that immediately before the rate changes.

"Greenlight barely changed the amounts" Most insurers actually increase prices every year. With us in 2013-2014 your insurance dropped by 12% (plus dont forget you changed to the DC5 mid policy and paid extra at the time so the overall drop at renewal was closer to 20%!)

My only concern would be do Sainsbuyr's actually know what a DC5 is and when it comes time to claim how much would you get paid. Plus if your car is modified im not if the mods are covered at all with Sainsburys. If they are listed with Sainsbury's i dont think it will be like for like replacment (so if you have an accident and your front coilovers got damaged you would just standard parts back in a repair)

Kind Regards
Neil

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
dotty said:
Just had my renewal through from Sky, no change in the premium, will have to shop around I think.
Drop me a Pm mate if you wanted me to take a look at a quote for you. We are quite competitive on DC5's and can allow all types of mods and even offer Track Day Cover from £45.

if your car is modded we could also look at an Agreed Value for you (free of charge).

Kind Regards
Neil

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Neil@Greenlight said:
If you can get it for £265 mate on a DC5 id definately take that out. That is an amazing price....i'll make a note on your record how much you have been quoted and i can tell you 100% that £265 is a GREAT deal. If you are happy with the policy and cover they offer id buy that immediately before the rate changes.

"Greenlight barely changed the amounts" Most insurers actually increase prices every year. With us in 2013-2014 your insurance dropped by 12% (plus dont forget you changed to the DC5 mid policy and paid extra at the time so the overall drop at renewal was closer to 20%!)

My only concern would be do Sainsbuyr's actually know what a DC5 is and when it comes time to claim how much would you get paid. Plus if your car is modified im not if the mods are covered at all with Sainsburys. If they are listed with Sainsbury's i dont think it will be like for like replacment (so if you have an accident and your front coilovers got damaged you would just standard parts back in a repair)

Kind Regards
Neil
If you could take a note of the price that would be great as it's substantially cheaper than what you're offering.

Regarding the renewal last year and subsequent drop, it certainly didn't feel like a 20% drop to me. It was a drop in real terms of around £4 a month which over the course of a year is not much - I'm sure you'll agree?

In terms of my car, it has no real modifications bar the exhaust and springs which are Eibachs so should it be involved in an accident it wouldn't really need much in terms of like for like modifications replacing anyway.

As I mentioned above. I'd prefer to stay with your company mainly through ease of use as I find your service to be very good, apart from the price but I will see what happens when I get my renewal through next month and decide from there.

Thanks.

p1tse

Advanced Member
@ Crazylegs. make sure you do a save on Sainsbury quote as they last for 30 days I think and I've seen it go up before as a reference point

insurance is a tricky one.
cheapest isn't always the best, but again they've done calcs on risk and giving you a quote, so I guess we who purchase have to calculate the risks for going non main stream like greenlight, which they have a better reputation on here for what exactly I'm unsure as not used or read their reviews. But one thing i notice if you've got mods, or heavy track user then Greenlight has it's advantages.

Good luck :)

Neil@Greenlight

Authorised Trader
Crazylegs said:
If you could take a note of the price that would be great as it's substantially cheaper than what you're offering.

Regarding the renewal last year and subsequent drop, it certainly didn't feel like a 20% drop to me. It was a drop in real terms of around £4 a month which over the course of a year is not much - I'm sure you'll agree?
You also paid a lower deposit at renewal and when you changed your car you paid extra premium by card so wouldnt of changed your monthly payments. So if you combine the £4 a month drop plus the lower deposit and then discount the extra money you paid to change the car over mid year its significantly lower.

If you want i can post the exact figures on here to show you but didnt want to give any specifics to your policy.

Like i said i'll make the records that you have had £265.