Japspeed manifold??

eddys_homeuk

Has anyone had anything to do with these? And are they any good? They seem cheap compared to others that's all.

Matt

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
They have been proven with good results on CTRO many times - basically a replica of the DC Sports manifold, and as far as I'm aware there have been no reports of failures etc.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Lol, Tegiwa is the replica of the Toda, DC is its own design i believe :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
maxvr6 said:
Lol, Tegiwa is the replica of the Toda, DC is its own design i believe :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah you told me this.

So DC sports is not a copy of anything?

eddys_homeuk

I've found a Japspeed for 219 quid! So if they're alright I'm seriously tempted! How difficult of a job is it to fit yourself though?!

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Matt Edwards said:
I've found a Japspeed for 219 quid! So if they're alright I'm seriously tempted! How difficult of a job is it to fit yourself though?!
Ive recently changed mine myself: It's not a difficult job as such... Its the getting the nuts to come loose after what is for most of us 13 years ish of heat welding them on ha. Other than that was pretty simple

eddys_homeuk

Does anything major need removing first or can I work round it? Haven't even looked at it yet to see what it's gonna entail.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Don't buy one they're crap.

My old B20 came with one and they're awful.

Just get something like a Tegiwa header or a custom one.

eddys_homeuk

Ah right.....thats thrown a spanner in the works! I'll be honest...fact it was so cheap made me think, but I wanted some of your guys opinions. And seeing as you're speaking from experience of owning one, I will take your advice. Best get saving them pennies for a Tegiwa!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
They're dog poo mate don't waste your money. If you're thinking of upgrading to an aftermarket market manifold don't scrimp on one.

eddys_homeuk

Thinking about it more, you're right. It's gotta be cheaper for a reason.

Don't know if you've seen my previous post, but reason I'm looking into is my CAT is rattling like hell and flexi is starting to perish, so I am preparing to replace it all. I know I could just change the down pipe rather than the whole lot, but really do fancy do it all. Just looking for options really.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Crazylegs said:
They're dog poo mate don't waste your money. If you're thinking of upgrading to an aftermarket market manifold don't scrimp on one.
You realise buying the Tegiwa (and the DC - guilty) that you're still 'scrimping on one' ;)

Gareth88

Advanced Member
Matt Edwards said:
Does anything major need removing first or can I work round it? Haven't even looked at it yet to see what it's gonna entail.
Worst bit was the heat shield... Two bolts came out fine the other two I snipped around =/ other than that it was straight forward but tight

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
You realise buying the Tegiwa (and the DC - guilty) that you're still 'scrimping on one' ;)
Yeah, but you're only semi-scrimping on one so it's not so bad ha! ;-)