Japspeed manifold??

godfridge

Whats so "dog poo" about it exactly?

My Mrs has one on her ep3, and on my ep3 I have a spoon mani on mine.

No difference atall, spoons a waste of cash that's the difference actually

I'd say tegiwa has potential to be worse it has welds all over the shop, the japspeed doesn't.

Oh and my spoon blew a weld and the japspeed hasn't LOL.

Ranja_Ash

The Japspeed's are a DC sports copy I think. I've had one on the car for a couple of years with no problems. Not bad considering they're half the cost of a DC Sports version.

crasherkid

Advanced Member
Sorry for bringing this thread back up from the dead but any updates on this Japspeed manifold?
Anyone else used one recently?
I'm thinking of buying one purely because of the lower price. Only one person said it was crap whereas a few others said it's alright for the money?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
crasherkid said:
Sorry for bringing this thread back up from the dead but any updates on this Japspeed manifold?
Anyone else used one recently?
I'm thinking of buying one purely because of the lower price. Only one person said it was crap whereas a few others said it's alright for the money?
Mine lasted over 30k miles on my ep3 mate. Mostly motorway but still. For the money I wouldn't complain!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

crasherkid

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Mine lasted over 30k miles on my ep3 mate. Mostly motorway but still. For the money I wouldn't complain!
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Then what happened? Did it break/split, flexi broke??

Mark_teg

Staff member
Chris. said:
Why is buying a DC scrimping? It's a great manifold.
When I bought a DC manifold it was the cheapest available for the k20, so I can't help considering it as a low budget manifold.
It's all subjective and matter of opinion of course :)

I had mine for a few years / 30k miles until the flexi failed, can't complain for £380 brand new including the mount inserts.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
When I bought a DC manifold it was the cheapest available for the k20, so I can't help considering it as a low budget manifold.
It's all subjective and matter of opinion of course :)

I had mine for a few years / 30k miles until the flexi failed, can't complain for £380 brand new including the mount inserts.
Ah right. In the 10+ years I've been around Honda's I've never known the DC to be cheap or budget. Sure it's no Toda, but it's very, very good for the money.

Heat is what kills the flexi on it and other manifolds, more than engine movement.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Just pay somewhere like Solid Fabrications to design you one, custom made.

Won't cost much more and will probably flow better as well.

I'd read that Honda's benefit from TRI-Y headers. Only downside is they sit very low so tend to scrape.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
There's an awful lot more to header design than just flow rate.ow
I know that but ultimately you want more power, you don't buy a Manifold for its looks.