Joined the Dark Side Turbo 431Bhp!

beppe786

Beppe
jrscho said:
This means business!! Can't wait to see your comparison between sc and turbo. Really want a turbo also... Should be fun to drive!

Are you keeping the mugen front bumper? Curious to what you've got planned now :D
car gonna have full geniune mugen kit have genuine spoiler going soon..

i have another genuine mugen bumper / skirts and rear lip be up for sale in new year buddy

kazmo

Advanced Member
MrRy said:
Yes! There needs to be more turbo builds - it's the way forward and has been that way for a long time. Tech with turbochargers just keeps getting better.
there is quite a few turbo dc5's but not many seem to be very active on here

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
The Audi or Beppe's lol!?

Both car's are mental, was telling a lad in work today about Beppe's, couldn't quite believe the power from it.

miki1212

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
but do you think it's perhaps a bit too much power?
too much power is just enough haha.
though like said before i dont believe how you get that much at 8psi

beppe786

Beppe
thanks for all comment and likes

i've added a new video to first post , collecting it yesterday. 76mm exhaust isn't too loud and nice toned

one thing i regret is while gearbox was off should have stuck in a longer final drive 4.2 or something..

Happy xmas and new year to all.

mil1lion

Advanced Member
That's a hell of a lot of power for a FF, rather you than me ha ha
Looks and sounds an absolute beast though

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
Mike.A said:
That's a hell of a lot of power for a FF, rather you than me ha ha
Looks and sounds an absolute beast though
yes a lot lol.. but there are several higher power 5's on here too.. mentalists! :xgrin:

beppe786

Beppe
i've done over 1000 miles on the turbo and love every second of it.. i'm using it as a daily as i can't get enough of it..

i've done a few upgrades oil catch can, Braided fuel lines, longer intake for colder air, fuel rail.. driveshafts we won't go into that!

Supercharged Dc5, have to say supercharged felt like it wasn't doing anything, maybe that down to the JRSC @ 7.5psi non intercooled or the low 180 ft Torque , don't get me wrong Supercharged Teg was quick managed at 12.8 1/4 mile.. just didn't feel quick.. linear power maybe.. it was rapid to around 110 mph. i ran that hard for about a year didn't break nothing.. definitely more NA feel.. just that JRSC adds 30 kg engine weight and robs another 35/40hp to Run..

Turbo dc5 is definitely more enjoyable due to the Torque.. its still a low 280ft even in 6th gear it will pull hard from a low speed.. thing doesn't wanna stop pulling.. in some ways scares you the speeds it gets up too on a short road, then you realize you have to stop as well.. Definitely brakes upgrade needed soon.. turbo spools up around 4000rpm onwards.. maybe due to the bigger size turbo traction is good.. Re070s do me alright, remember no boost by gear as i'm only around 9 psi.. stock map sensor won't see much anymore anyway.. True test to see if the torque is fooling me thinking its quicker.. would be a 11s pass at pod would prove that its quicker.. if it still in the 12s i wouldn't be happy.. ill put it up for sale.. lol

Just my experiences with both

overall i'm very happy.. costs less than you think turboing a dc5..

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
Just out if interest how much was it all in to turbo the teg? Feel free to pm if you dont want to say on here.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
To be fair to Beppe, regardless of whether it's a standard car or not he does have experience of forced induction in two DC5's with the K20 so it's safe to say he knows what he's doing as does Yasir who's mapped it by the sound of things.

As with any car, Honda's in particular it's all about the mapping and find someone who knows what they're doing as the VTEC engine is difficult to map hence the length of time it takes to do it so finding a good mapper/tuner is key.

In addition to this they're strong engine, a lot stronger than most engine's which combined with careful mapping means you have a better chance than most car owners of running a standard engine with forced induction. Not saying it doesn't go wrong but I imagine those who's engine's have blown up have been because the car has not been mapped properly in the first instance.

Forged internals is the way to go and in an ideal world everyone would do it but it's expensive and you're adding thousands of pounds on top of what you've already spent on putting FI on the car.

kazmo

Advanced Member
high compression ratio and valve overlap is also not great for turbo cars, which a standard K20 has plenty of, no amount of mapping will sort that out...