J's Racing Oil Smoother - FD2 improved BHP and Torque

davidpingu

Advanced Member
dotty said:
Do yourself a favour though and just read oilman's posts or you'll want to commit cold blooded murder as the usual CTRO clowns are at work in there.
You were right! Wise words from oilman I think though. I'm not knocking the idea but I'll be going for the Millers myself. A good point got raised by another member about switching oils too though. Obviously changing to millers from my current choice will still mean some mix of the old oil left in the system which degrades it quicker.
Probably takes 2 to 3 oil changes before you get rid of all of it so that's another consideration if you've run the same oil for a long time. Guess it makes little difference on mine as I've only done one change on mine since owning it and went to Titan ProS whereas the previous owner used magnatec

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
Is there something in the water on civic type r?
Yup, idiot juice. Bunch of morons run that place now, as Dott says, real shame as it used to be the best place for knowledge, now it's just a bunch of arseclowns on there. Two of the biggest ones involved in that thread, I'll leave it to you to figure out.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
At least they are straight to the point! Xthumbup

I guess JDM points are more valuable than independent testing or valid proof?

Watching marketing videos from the manufacturers themselves is all the evidence we need!

Bonito

Advanced Member
Fubar Andy said:

Watching marketing videos from the manufacturers themselves is all the evidence we need!
Why does this JDM points remark keep cropping up? The product has been tested by both Japanese and American government bodies and approved for use and sale in both countries.

Unless J's paid off both governments, I'd consider, at the very least, the US testing to be independent of J's.

The product isn't going to give people a new engine or counteract any wear and tear their engine has attained over the years. Nor does it promise such.

As oilman has said he doesn't recommend additives like this, and Fuchs themselves saying don't put additives in their oil, I'm sure the list of oil J's compiled from asking people to sample the product, has gone or is going through testing and if adverse effects were found, they'll advise against using it with certain oils or pull the product altogether.

dotty

Advanced Member

Why does this JDM points remark keep cropping up?
Because it's an easy reply for people who buy cheap products and is a way of self justification.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
newyorkaddict said:
Yup, idiot juice. Bunch of morons run that place now, as Dott says, real shame as it used to be the best place for knowledge, now it's just a bunch of arseclowns on there. Two of the biggest ones involved in that thread, I'll leave it to you to figure out.
aye, its such a shame. i've been on that forum since 2004 when i got my 1st civic and nowadays im almost ashamed to say it.

that thread is a perfect example of the degenerates that now frequent the place.. such a shame.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Bonito said:
Why does this JDM points remark keep cropping up? The product has been tested by both Japanese and American government bodies and approved for use and sale in both countries.

Unless J's paid off both governments, I'd consider, at the very least, the US testing to be independent of J's.

The product isn't going to give people a new engine or counteract any wear and tear their engine has attained over the years. Nor does it promise such.

As oilman has said he doesn't recommend additives like this, and Fuchs themselves saying don't put additives in their oil, I'm sure the list of oil J's compiled from asking people to sample the product, has gone or is going through testing and if adverse effects were found, they'll advise against using it with certain oils or pull the product altogether.
Well said, there are some with common sense around here, lol.

This product isn't like a wax where you can BS your way through..... were talking about an engine additive that could have adverse effects if it didn't work. Ruining customers cars for the sake of selling a product with placebo, sounds like a good marketing tool...... NOT.

The fact it has been approved... says a lot. But you aren't missing much not having it.

CO2 reduction data for this product, but like all data for this product, its all in Japanese:

CTRO looks fun, not, lol.... perhaps when we ban people, they get sent there for a few weeks.... :D

My main concern in the Traders post was people not getting their J's Oil Smoother because of the negative comments putting other people off....
seems too late as lots of people aren't paying now. I'm sure the trader is pleased... NOT, especially if they now have to refund everyone who has paid because there isn't enough buyers...... :xcheers:

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Haha that thread on CTRO is funny. I have been driving my car for near 5 years now. I don't think the car is rough I am already using a ester based oil which is the "best type of oil". I am sure many k20s have gone for hundreds of thousands of miles without additives and had no problems. When people say the car coasts smoother is that in neutral or just off the throttle? I also think if I was worried about emissions I would put in the cat, even though I know every little helps. Would never say no to another 2hp and some more mpg but for me to notice a power difference I think I would need a minimum of another 5hp to make a noticeable difference. Not to say 2 hp is not desirable. The buddyclub race condenser does all of the same only it gives 5hp and is not lost through a service. There are a lot of products out there with "proven" performance upgrades. If we added them all we would have 500hp and 300 mpg.

I know the case is not about the car needing it or not though. Its more about improving the car like many other mods. But I just find this one hard to add to my "want" list. Especially when you loose it after an oil change. It just adds £40 to your service cost for not much gain from what I see. Also as oilman said why add something to the oil when additives are not recommended, just putting more unneeded risk in your engine.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I think it's more about Emissions, reduction of wear on the engine and it just runs a lot quieter I found. Coasting is mostly noticeable when you take your foot off the throttle, but acceleration seems improved too. Reduced wear isn't going to put your engine at risk, that's all regular oil does anyway.

For me, sound is one of the most important things, way more important than BHP, but that's just me. It's the reason I got my exhaust, so I didn't pee people off in the morning when I start my car.

If you are into listening to and heeding professional opinions, Tom at TGM (a race car driver) thinks the standard DC5 has way more power than anyone needs, that's an opinion I agree with, but others wont.

You aren't massively missing anything by not having the oil smoother, but I hated the sound of my engine before but having a carbon bonnet with no sound proofing is my own styling choice but now it's much more bearable, I hardly notice it at all. It's so quiet now and everything feels that little bit more responsive.

Opinions are great, but completely irrelevant if you haven't tried the product yourself.
Beneath all the science, is just a bunch of common sense. You don't have to be a scientist to understand how it works.

What does engine oil do?
http://www.mobil1.co.uk/why-synthetic-oil/what-does-engine-oil-do.aspx?_c=sc8388mppm9wbje5gsz14565uc&_s=errwonu76thuxsffgpce4ky17a

According to Mobil 1, lubricants heavily influence: Performance, Fuel Consumption and Emissions....

These three things are apparent benefits of the oil smoother. The Oil Smoother Molecules apparently increase the bearing effect of engine oil.
They key thing to remember here is that the Oil Smoother Particles are smaller than regular oil particles, so it can go much more easily around the oil particles and into tiny crevices regular oil cant reach, which aids the bearing effect and reduces friction. (I wish I kept my spec sheet! It was in bad engrish, lol, but it detailed everything like this)

As always with new products that claim this and that, there is always skepticism.

IMO and first hand experience, this product does what it claims, even if the benefits are minimal, it still works and will not damage your engine, it is actually quite the opposite, it reduces long term wear on your engine because everything is more lubricated, that's all lubrication basically is, a bunch of microscopic balls reducing friction.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
The product has been tested by both Japanese and American government bodies and approved for use and sale in both countries.
Where is this information regards this? Where can I read the tests from the US Goverment that has been tested (independently) for approval?

Sorry to any trader on here who wants to sell this, but when a product in question claims certain gains without any substansital proof or testing I think people are well within their rights to cross reference it.
Sticking up a few vid's of customers saying "it's smoother" to the manufacture holds no gravitas whatsoever.

Some magic power that gives your engine more bhp and torque for £40 a pop is very questionable, bearing in mind you need to add it each time you change your oil is also questionable (from a marketing point of view).
It's almost like the eBay chips you could buy back in the day to increase bhp, albeit perhaps not using a higher profile name. They still were bought be people and installed (with some results of the engines grenading themselves after the chip was installed - however there is no conclusive testing to verify this 100%).

My main point is that you don't really know what your putting in your engine, granted its got a branded name on it, but that doesn't give it any leeway that you can just pour an unknown powder into your engine.

Is there any ISO or CE stamps/approval for it to be use in the UK?

Normally I don't really bother to make such an issue about a product, but since so many were easily "sold" to open their wallets without even thinking about what they were buying or putting into their engines, I think it needed a few people to pipe up and say "hold on, do you know what you are buying, do you know what you are putting into your engine is actually quantifiable to what the manufactures claims?"

Again I'm not having a go any anyone specific, but questions need to be asked xthumbup

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Tom at TGM thinks the standard DC5 has way more power than anyone needs, that's an opinion I agree with

As always with new products that claim this and that, there is always skepticism.
I agree the engine power statement, it's just wasted money (IMO) going after an extra 20bhp, but that's just me. Xthumbup

Of course there is always skeptics regards new products (inc me), but that's why we have independent testing to give honest unbiased results (as Millers have done with their NT oils).

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Trouble is the product being solely Japanese, finding anything in Comprehensible English is an absolute pain, lol.

As always though, Japanese technology will take years to be adopted by the UK! Were only just starting to get Fibre Optic Broadband, Japan has had it for damn years, that and HD! They are generally way more ahead.

Bonito

Advanced Member
Just searching around at the moment and Injection Imports in Scotland had this product on their shelves last September with a few buyers over on civicinfo.

I've also found this. An older product from a dutch company called Dancooils. It's in Dutch but look at how they test the lubricating properties of the additive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjilWqr18c4#!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
PORTHOS said:
If you are into listening to and heeding professional opinions, Tom at TGM (a race car driver) thinks the standard DC5 has way more power than anyone needs, that's an opinion I agree with, but others wont.
Hate to be pedantic, but I think Tom would say "more power than most people need", not "more power than anyone needs". :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
blueguy said:
Hate to be pedantic, but I think Tom would say "more power than most people need", not "more power than anyone needs". :)
I wasn't directly quoting but thanks Justin, ha ha. He does think it's way more than any of us need on the road. True though, unless you track it 24/7 then the faster the better!

Not that I'm against more BHP, I'm just making a point about professional opinions.

blueguy

Resident J's whore
PORTHOS said:
I wasn't directly quoting but thanks Justin, ha ha. He does think it's way more than any of us need on the road. True though, unless you track it 24/7 then the faster the better!

Not that I'm against more BHP, I'm just making a point about professional opinions.
I know mate, just jesting as you know. I'll stop spammning this thread now.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Justin you are as bad as me, we worry too much about what the other person thinks, ha ha

leejw87

Spoon Whore
PORTHOS said:
They are generally way more ahead.
Except in there cars... There techonology is years behind most manufacterers... That's why Jap stuff so reliable, they only use what's proven ;)

After reading most of the discussions on here I suggest people just make there own minds up on this product, if you think it works then great buy it.. If not dont!

Personally for me I will be going for the millers oil next time I'm due a change :)