Just got back from viewing a DC5

vadhert

Nate187 said:
vadhert said:
The lump under the seat could be the jap TV tuner. I had one on my Gathers stereo that was linked to a tuner under the passenger seat
Ah rite, cheers dude. Is there anything i could do so it picks up UK channels?
Not really, They were designed for Japanese TV. From what I remember the screens are in NTSC format too. I just opted for a Pioneer AVIC D3 in the end from the UK.

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
Get in touch with Niki at Dicksons, should be able to give you invaluable input
I got mine off him hes full of helpful tips and contacts for installing Alarms and sorting your ICE

hes on this board Niki d

Nate187

Ive just got back from viewing it again and guess what, ive bought it :D
Very happy. I pick it up friday.
Bring on DC5 ownership :p

Gunn79

Advanced Member
Nate187 said:
Ive just got back from viewing it again and guess what, ive bought it :D
Very happy. I pick it up friday.
Bring on DC5 ownership :p
Nice one 8)

Fancy some Spoon seat rails or a 5zigen exhaust for it :lol:

Nate187

lol its staying standard mate :wink: ......well thats what im trying to tell myself.

Ive just been trying to find out more about the Bullet exhaust thats fitted to it, seems pretty rare ive only found this pic...

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Don't bother with an alarm they are a waste of money. As long as it has an immobiliser, which they all have to have to pass the SVA, you will be fine.

How often do you hear a car alarm and go running to see what it is? All they do is drain the battery and cause electrical problems. Anyone who can get past an immobiliser can get past an alarm, so they're not even a deterent. Doesn't help the insurance for a lot of insurers either.

(Does it show that I hate alarms? :oops: Rant over!)

PS Re the sat nav - I would take it out and stick it on Ebay, the sat nav and TV will both be useless and can't be converted. I had a nice Pioneer one in mine and it couldn't be changed.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Nice one Nate :D :D

As for standard dont be daft! Your holding the car back.

Get the geometry checked and get it adjusted properly, either with lowering springs and rear arms or standard with rear arms and front camber bolts etc.. make sa hell of a difference.

Also get the 2 piece discs from paulG, im gutted i never did. :D

Just got some for my DC2 tho..2 peice that is :)

Nate187

Cheers Dan, i will be enjoying it as standard for the time being anyhow.

Neil did you get much for your pioneer unit? I imagine nobody would want it if its in Japanese :?
I may have to get an alarm if the insurance want a cat1