K Tuned shifter box and accessories

Fez

Advanced Member
I can't find any m&m shifter bushes listed anywhere :(
I'll just buy the ktuned ones. Lol

Pasty

Banned
Ohhhhh sorry to hi-jack I've just bought k-tuned race spec cables! Didn't realise there were 2 different ones :-o

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Pasty said:
Ohhhhh sorry to hi-jack I've just bought k-tuned race spec cables! Didn't realise there were 2 different ones :-o
Yeah theres Street (OEM) and stronger but more expensive Race cables.

spooke

Advanced Member
Also hijacking this thread, I've ordered the K Tuned pivot ball/spring and their cable bushings for OEM, looking for some bushes gearbox side, where can I get some - are the Hybrid Racing ones my only choice right now?

Fez

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Also hijacking this thread, I've ordered the K Tuned pivot ball/spring and their cable bushings for OEM, looking for some bushes gearbox side, where can I get some - are the Hybrid Racing ones my only choice right now?
Ktuned also sell them, but not sure if they are the same as hybrid, and dont actually fit the type r lol.

Pasty

Banned
Chrismartin said:
Yeah theres Street (OEM) and stronger but more expensive Race cables.
Ohh j meant I bought the race spec cables but no idea if there for JDM or Rsx, what is the general fitting problem?

spooke

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Ktuned also sell them, but not sure if they are the same as hybrid, and dont actually fit the type r lol.
I couldn't see them on H-Tune or Tegiwa, I've been offered some M&M Honda ones which will fit... I'll check them out anyway. Thanks Fez.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Pasty said:
Ohh j meant I bought the race spec cables but no idea if there for JDM or Rsx, what is the general fitting problem?
Think there was quite abit of play in the HR ones. Not sure about the K tuned though. Theres a long thread on the Hybrid Racing ones knocking about.

jrscho

Advanced Member
Interesting stuff here! Will have race spec cables after New Years so hope they don't sound as boring as yous make it lol just want more precise and sharp gear changes. Read a lot of usa forums that cables make one of the biggest improvements to gear changing. So quite a lot of mixed reviews..

Also, k tuned shifter is amazing! Really works a treat, does take getting use to as it's very tight and need some strength to actually move the thing but once your use to it it is fantastic. I personally love it! Only bad thing I have to say about it is the price lol..

And I have k tuned cable shifter bushes already. Bought some for when I fitted the shifter. As said they're for rsx. Only one of the bushes work with dc5 as other one doesn't fit, too big or small, can't remember which way around :p

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
:xgrin:. Where did you get the K tuned sunstrip btw mate? Your teg's looking really good. :xyes:
I ordered the sticker through Jono at RE spirit, the sticker is on ktuneds website. The black background is something I made and cut then placed the sticker on top.
I have the ktuned mani that I was gonna fit soon but I put the car for sale and I thinks is going pretty soon. I will try and take some pics of the ktuned shifter cables and brackets

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Not committing to anything but how much roughly would you be asking for the K tuned manifold?

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Not committing to anything but how much roughly would you be asking for the K tuned manifold?
Not sure yet, will post on separate thread eventually, not to high jack this thread.