Ktuned shifter fitted photos, please.

Fez

Advanced Member
I'm contemplating buying a ktuned billet shifter after christmas, but i can't decide on which one.

The normal one has more (better?) adjustments than the race spec, but looks a tad bit girly compared to the race spec. But the race spec costs a bit more, but price doesn't bother me, unless i'm getting less for my money lol.

Normal

Racespec

After searching here, i see a few people have bought them but can't find that many photos fitted, with interior still fitted.
So has anyone got any that i could see? Please.

Thanks
Huw.

Fez

Advanced Member
jrscho said:
What do you mean with interior still fitted? If you mean with the centre console etc still in place then I have a few :D

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33257-my-batmobile-r-new-ktuned-cusco-js/page-2#entry416007
Thank you, guess you can't really see it that much with interior lol. I see you have the top part adjusted away from the drivers seat, any reason for this?
In my civic ek with the ktuned b/d shifter i have it adjusted closer to the wheel, which was much nicer to drive over standard position.

jrscho

Advanced Member
I would want to move the centre console to see the shifter but same time makes the car look cleaner, plus I use the cupholders lol. Ah that was the way the garage had fitted it, because of the centre console in some positions the shifter catches off it, but now I managed to move it closer to drivers side now :D just need to fiddle around! And yes it feels a lot nicer being higher up now and closer like you said. A lot of money for what it is but I love it!

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Why you bothered about looking at it, do you spend all your time looking at your gear-stick while you're driving ha ha!!

Fez

Advanced Member
jrscho said:
I would want to move the centre console to see the shifter but same time makes the car look cleaner, plus I use the cupholders lol. Ah that was the way the garage had fitted it, because of the centre console in some positions the shifter catches off it, but now I managed to move it closer to drivers side now :D just need to fiddle around! And yes it feels a lot nicer being higher up now and closer like you said. A lot of money for what it is but I love it!
Yeah i deffo want to keep the console and the cupholders, done my time with stripped cars lol.

I dont feel the standard shifter is too far away, its quite possibly in a perfect postition for me, but would be better again if it was closer? Lol.

Fez

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Why you bothered about looking at it, do you spend all your time looking at your gear-stick while you're driving ha ha!!
Lol, i don't, but when spending £4/500 on a shiny bit of metal, mayswell show it off a bit haha.

Stewlark

Advanced Member
I ran with it like this;

The guy who bought my car wanted it to look oem so took some pics as I was putting it back together;

Like both set ups really.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Lol, i don't, but when spending £4/500 on a shiny bit of metal, mayswell show it off a bit haha.
Ha ha ha!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dave7368

Advanced Member
Fez said:
After searching here, i see a few people have bought them but can't find that many photos fitted, with interior still fitted.
So has anyone got any that i could see? Please.

Thanks
Huw.
Not much to see with the interior fitted, this is my K-Tuned shifter..

Fez

Advanced Member
Which one is that Dave? The normal one or 'Race spec' ?

Still can't decide which one to buy

Fez

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
that's the tesco extra valve cheapo one...
Haha cheers.

I'm swaying towards that one just so i can spend the difference on getting the solid bushes and a shifter stop things lol.

tico_87

Advanced Member

It's now twisted abit to the left as it was touching the centre console when going in reverse

Fez

Advanced Member
tico_87 said:
It's now twisted abit to the left as it was touching the centre console when going in reverse
Ah no way? That sucks! Can the shifter itself be moved over?

I just put my order in, i ordered the normal shifter think it would be better with the exta adjustment, but looks like that will make no difference if its touching lol

dave7368

Advanced Member
Adjust the top stick bit and it won't hit anything, it's the HR one that doesn't clear no matter what you try to do with it..
lt will all become clear once you fit it...

tico_87

Advanced Member
I don't mean the actual part itself has twisted from hiting the console lol. Like Dave said you just twist the top stick section. I'll take a picture tomorrow to show you.

dave7368

Advanced Member
as luck would have it, i just found one of these in the kitchen! what we was meaning is if you undo the caphead screw on top the shaft you can move the stick from here.....

to here.....

...and anywhere in between so it won't hit on anything... hope that helps... :xhappy:

Fez

Advanced Member
Cheers gents, yeah i understand the adjustment, but just didnt expect it to hit the plastics lol.

I just realised though if you moved the shifter over it would be just as effective as twisting the top lol. D'oh!

Ah well its ordered now, so i'll just fit it and go from there. Thanks again, all very helpful.
Huw.