Let the journey begin...

Midnight

Advanced Member
Hello everyone, been a member for a few weeks now and thought I would say hello.

I was initially looking to purchase a forum members car however due to the run up to Christmas for one reason or another myself and the seller couldn't set a date when both were free so I could travel down south (Mainly me in fairness) to purchase the car.

So over the festive break me and my brother started talking about getting a 'fresh' import in the spec we believe will suit us, so today I officially placed an order with Darren @ Torque GT Ltd for a CW DC5 (PFL) under 60,000 mileage with the red interior.

I know this will not be a quick process as Torque GT have got to find an example let alone import and register. However that being said it gives me a few months to read, research and maybe purchase a few little goodies.

Always wanted a DC5 so as you can imagine me and my brother are extremely excited.

Based in the Midlands and looking to become a regular on the forum and absorb as much knowledge as possible.

spooke

Advanced Member
Welcome, getting a fresh import is an exciting process. It took me 3 cars to find the right one - saw a Silver one on their website but was too slow to decide on buying it, was out bid on a Championship White one by something like £300 and then found a Artic Blue Pearl (what I now own) and stretched my budget right to the max :D but I think it was worth it, other than some minor niggles it is a good car!

I'm sure TorqueGT will find you what you want, once you do have the car it's worth getting them to install the EP3 foglight button (they might do this from standard now) and get the Toad alarm too! Also if the rear light seals need doing (water/rust in the boot) you may aswell get them to do it.

One thing I was a bit annoyed with was I paid extra for underbumper undersealing, let's say it wasn't the best of jobs... so depending on what they do now, if they don't do under the bumpers just do it yourself.

RE Spirit

Parts Trader
Hi and welcome Midnight,

That is a very exciting journey to be in :)

I didn't import mine as I purchased mine off a forum member, however have seen many members come through with Torque GT :)

If you need any aftermarket parts, feel free to check our section out in the Traders :)

Where in Midlands are you based? I'm based in Milton Keynes and there are a few others around the area too :)

George92

Welcome along, I also got my first DC5 as a fresh import from Torque GT which luckily had a few Mugen parts fitted to it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed :)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Welcome, getting a fresh import is an exciting process. It took me 3 cars to find the right one - saw a Silver one on their website but was too slow to decide on buying it, was out bid on a Championship White one by something like £300 and then found a Artic Blue Pearl (what I now own) and stretched my budget right to the max :D but I think it was worth it, other than some minor niggles it is a good car!

I'm sure TorqueGT will find you what you want, once you do have the car it's worth getting them to install the EP3 foglight button (they might do this from standard now) and get the Toad alarm too! Also if the rear light seals need doing (water/rust in the boot) you may aswell get them to do it.

One thing I was a bit annoyed with was I paid extra for underbumper undersealing, let's say it wasn't the best of jobs... so depending on what they do now, if they don't do under the bumpers just do it yourself.
Good post! But I hate my Toad alarm. 😂

Welcome to the forum OP.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Hello Chris,

No, not had one for some time now, originally the idea was to get back into one. However with prices as they are the whole £ vs fun factor is vastly decreasing, shame.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and for the information, I have plenty to read and consider. Thank you.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
To be honest mate the only times I miss mine is when it's damp or when I need straight line grunt at low revs. Apart from that the DC5 brings more smiles per miles than either Evo I owned.

Midnight

Advanced Member
That is what I'm after, i think there will be more people coming over from the evo or buying instead of an evo due to the prices getting a little silly.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Well, last night we went ahead and purchased the example we were after.

Grade 4, circ 65,000 miles and a 2004 pre facelift CW with the red interior.

I'm hoping to have detailed pictures within the week, but I guess it's the long process of waiting to land in the U.K. now.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
That's the best year IMO mate, last of the pre-facelifts. Congrats. What was the damage? PM if you wish. :)

DC5Adam

Welcome mate, have recently bought my DC5 through the guys at Torque GT, mines currently around South Korea, collection day can't come fast enough!

Midnight

Advanced Member
Darren @ Torque GT sent us some pictures across today.

Obviously needs a clean and a few little things to make it perfect ( Those silly fog lights removing being one ) but in general really happy.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Erm, not sure yet.

Obviously just a clean up, TLC to start.

Think we need a few weeks with it first before we 'upgrade' anything. After some light reading maybe camber bolts, arms, Bilstein coilovers and tyres would be the first step.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Erm, not sure yet.

Obviously just a clean up, TLC to start.

Think we need a few weeks with it first before we 'upgrade' anything. After some light reading maybe camber bolts, arms, Bilstein coilovers and tyres would be the first step.
By far best way to mod these cars first. Suspension and Brakes. As Chris said she does looo very well!

Midnight

Advanced Member
Well we had confirmation the car will be leaving Japan later this month, excited!

Also did a Japanese HPI report. Not that we didn't trust Torque GT as they have been amazing, its a pretty hot topic on MLR at the moment and if we do look to sell in a few years time i think this information helps the sale. If not it certainly doesn't harm the sale.

Original auction sheet, recent auction sheet, mileage checks and HPI report, so paperwork is already stock piling :xgrin:

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Well we had confirmation the car will be leaving Japan later this month, excited!

Also did a Japanese HPI report. Not that we didn't trust Torque GT as they have been amazing, its a pretty hot topic on MLR at the moment and if we do look to sell in a few years time i think this information helps the sale. If not it certainly doesn't harm the sale.

Original auction sheet, recent auction sheet, mileage checks and HPI report, so paperwork is already stock piling :xgrin:
Can you tell me where to do this mate?