Let the journey begin...

Midnight

Advanced Member
Not much of an update.

From the tracking details / shipping vessel. It's looks to have left Japan mainland and is on its way to Southampton.

In the meantime I ordered an original brochure from Japan which got air mailed and arrived with me last week. It came in a collectors style packaging / protection and brand new.

Doubt I'll even open it in truth, just a nice little addition to the paperwork.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Today we've paid the import charges and expecting the car to be in England the end of this week.

Also bought an exhaust for the car which was collected today and also getting some prices on a few little things.

Really getting excited now!

Midnight

Advanced Member
Was trying to search for a titanium example but they seem pretty rare on the DC5. Missed out on a ARC from Japan so stopped looking for a few weeks.

Then a kakimoto regu came up for sale in the sale section and for stainless steel love the sound of them. So will try that and see how we get on with it.

If only for a little more noise we'll be happy.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Nice exhaust, my mate had one on his FD2 and I really like it.

Ti exhausts will do your tits in mate, having to constantly get the welded etc. Fudge that!

Midnight

Advanced Member
We had on the VI and on the muffler we needed extra titanium supports welding as even though it was light as a feather the stress of the movement kept 'splitting' the single walled pipe.

However the sound was unbelievable hence why we were looking for the DC5. But when the kakimoto came up for sale was a no brainer for the price.

Just excited to get the car now, start enjoying it!

Midnight

Advanced Member
A few additional items being ordered.

Maybe a couple more weeks and It'll be parked in the garage being cleaned 😂